This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: To Boost or Not

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    woot woot!

we get our BOOSTER on Aug 31
    we are not immunocompromised, but the pharmacist said "go for it, here are your appointments"

a bunch of my friends/neighbors had their boosters yesterday and today at our local Publix.

feel well and hope for no side effects bradybear

Quote Originally Posted by brady bear View Post
    Well I did it!!
    Got my booster today. Only pending side effects that same as the 2nd vaccine .
    I can deal with that vs Covid (say a prayer every day and at night for safety)
    My MD highly recommended it for me as well
    Lou and Robert will get theirs next Saturday
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats! Good to ask your doctor and follow their instructions. Some are saying to wait unless you were the first to get the shots.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    woot woot!

we get our BOOSTER on Aug 31
    we are not immunocompromised, but the pharmacist said "go for it, here are your appointments"

a bunch of my friends/neighbors had their boosters yesterday and today at our local Publix.

feel well and hope for no side effects bradybear
    Glad you guys were able to schedule your boosters. Florida has such high numbers. At least now, you can have some peace of mind.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    That's great.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Tom got his booster this morning at CVS. Quite different from when we got our first shots. He was the only one in the store getting a shot, although a couple of other people came in after. Mass General was much slower then Dana Farber in sending info and their recommendation to schedule the shot. Thought it was interesting that they noted in their email in large bold letters that, for the immunocompromised, this was not a booster but rather the 3rd shot in the primary vaccine series. To me, if it’s purpose is to boost the immune response it’s a booster! In any event, glad he got it and feel like he has some protection now.

0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Tomato tomahto . Booster, third shot, part three of an unknown number of shots we may end up taking. I'm just glad they figured out we need a little bit more vaccine. I guess getting emergency clearance to distribute the vaccine might have actually made the doses a part of the whole thing. Like they didn't want to give folks too much at one time, so they broke it down to smaller doses and more of them.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Tomato tomahto . Booster, third shot, part three of an unknown number of shots we may end up taking. I'm just glad they figured out we need a little bit more vaccine. I guess getting emergency clearance to distribute the vaccine might have actually made the doses a part of the whole thing. Like they didn't want to give folks too much at one time, so they broke it down to smaller doses and more of them.
    I agree! Who knows how often we all will need an additional shot. For this moment though, I feel more comfortable. Hoping also that the formal approval of the Pfizer will encourage more people to vaccinate.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Tom got his booster this morning at CVS. Quite different from when we got our first shots. He was the only one in the store getting a shot, although a couple of other people came in after. Mass General was much slower then Dana Farber in sending info and their recommendation to schedule the shot. Thought it was interesting that they noted in their email in large bold letters that, for the immunocompromised, this was not a booster but rather the 3rd shot in the primary vaccine series. To me, if it’s purpose is to boost the immune response it’s a booster! In any event, glad he got it and feel like he has some protection now.
    Yay! I'm glad he was able to get it.

I feel bad for a few people I know who can't get the shot. The mother of girl who does my nails had an allergic reaction to the 2nd shot. Couldn't breathe, passed out, Epipen needed, ambulance, etc.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Robin! It’s so difficult to hear some of the stories. At this point, we can only hope that someday we’ll be done with this pandemic.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Thanks Robin! It’s so difficult to hear some of the stories. At this point, we can only hope that someday we’ll be done with this pandemic.
    Amen to that. I wish I could get a booster before our trip next month.

0 0