This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: To Boost or Not

Post Thanks / Like
    Lisa, I agree 100% on the pain in the arm with shingles vaccine. It was brutal!

Quote Originally Posted by LisaGrn View Post
    So far so good, Andrea! LOL!
    But I found it funny that my arm was three times as sore for three times as long with a red rash three times bigger after that shingles shot than it was with either Covid shot! Go figure...
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Couldn't agree more, Chuck! I planned on getting it along with my flu shot this year anyway, but sstopped putting it off because the husband of a dear friend and co-worker is going through hell right now. He had shingles on the side of his face and into his scalp a bit. If that isn't bad enough, he also has Parkinson's so the shingles hit him really hard. Long story short (well, no story I tell is ever really short!), last week my friend found him unconscious on the floor...to hospital where after many tests, scans, MRIs, they concluded he developed a brain infection which is apparently a rare side effect of shingles! The infection spread to his entire body and he has been in the ICU on massive intravenous antibiotics since then. He is starting to come around but his long-term prognosis...well, the doctors just don't know how he's going to be when he gets through this. Everyone, please include my friend Robin and her husband Scott in your prayers!

Quote Originally Posted by cpjones View Post
    .....gotta tell ya..... that was way better than having shingles....! Had it 5 or 6 years ago.... face, eyes, nose, ear..... worst pain I ever had in my life.... couldn't shave for a coupla months and still have some scars from it.
    2 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Couldn't agree more, Chuck! I planned on getting it along with my flu shot this year anyway, but sstopped putting it off because the husband of a dear friend and co-worker is going through hell right now. He had shingles on the side of his face and into his scalp a bit. If that isn't bad enough, he also has Parkinson's so the shingles hit him really hard. Long story short (well, no story I tell is ever really short!), last week my friend found him unconscious on the floor...to hospital where after many tests, scans, MRIs, they concluded he developed a brain infection which is apparently a rare side effect of shingles! The infection spread to his entire body and he has been in the ICU on massive intravenous antibiotics since then. He is starting to come around but his long-term prognosis...well, the doctors just don't know how he's going to be when he gets through this. Everyone, please include my friend Robin and her husband Scott in your prayers!
    That’s awful. I never knew Shingles could be so serious. Many prayers for your friends.

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    shingles are horrible

we both have had our shots!

THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    So sorry to hear this - just awful. My prayers are with Robin and her husband!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Shingles are just awful...know too many people who suffered before the newest vaccine (we have had our's!!) Prayers for Robin and her husband!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Prayers for your friends.

I had the first shingles shot in October last year and the second one in April. I felt worse after the 2nd shingles shot than after the 2nd pfizer shot. And it really hurts. It's better than getting shingles.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all. I will pass your kind words on to Robin. Sorry, it wasn't my intent to divert this thread!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    My husband and I got our boosters yesterday. Yay! Only side affect is the severe pain in the arm but that will subside.
    0 0