This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: BUF or ROC airports for domestic flight

Post Thanks / Like

BUF or ROC airports for domestic flight

I could use some insight. I have to do a quick in and out weekend trip to Western NY. My location is a little closer to Buffalo but not significantly longer to Rochester. Does anyone have a recommendation of which airport is easier/better to go in and out of? I will need a rental car and a hotel in a safe area not far from the airport. Any things I should consider? Which airport do you prefer?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We fly out of ROC frequently. It is small and very efficient in and out. Whenever we fly from there we stay at the Fairfield that is onsite. Not sure if that is convenient to where you need to be, but it’s clean and convenient to the airport.

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kemperato View Post
    We fly out of ROC frequently. It is small and very efficient in and out. Whenever we fly from there we stay at the Fairfield that is onsite. Not sure if that is convenient to where you need to be, but it’s clean and convenient to the airport.
    My family is in Olean. Buffalo looks closer but DCA to ROC times.might meet my needs a little better. I feel like ROC would be easier even though it is about 3p minutes longer of a drive.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I flew in and out of Rochester once and it was a breeze. Very small airport with almost no traffic nearby.

Post Thanks / Like
    I live in a suburb outside of Buffalo. The Buffalo airport is easy in and out with several hotels within a few miles of the airport. My wife and I stay across from the airport (Days Hotel) when we travel to Aruba because of an early departure. Car rentals are onsite at the airport

Where are you going while you are in the area and I can give additional info regarding Buffalo vs Rochester.
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicgreico View Post
    I live in a suburb outside of Buffalo. The Buffalo airport is easy in and out with several hotels within a few miles of the airport. My wife and I stay across from the airport (Days Hotel) when we travel to Aruba because of an early departure. Car rentals are onsite at the airport

Where are you going while you are in the area and I can give additional info regarding Buffalo vs Rochester.
    I will be going to Olean, NY, flying in on a Friday and back out Saturday evening in a few weeks. We usually drive, its 6-7 hours. I have been many times, but this is a very fast trip for a memorial service and I may be going alone so flying seems like a better idea.

Thank you for your advice!
    Last edited by Traceyd14; 04-28-2019 at 12:39 PM.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Let me know if you need additional information.
    1 0