This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas Plans?

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

Christmas Plans?

Merry Christmas to all!

What do your plans include?

We will be having Christmas Eve dinner here at the house ....spiral ham, crab cakes, baked potato and asparagus. Warm apple pie with cheddar cheese for dessert. Much Prosecco too.

Normally we'd head to Midnight Mass or the 9 pm Mass....but Mass for us for the last 9 months has been live streamed

Christmas dinner will be at our friend Charlie's...........eating a socially distanced outside dinner on his terrace..........we are bringing turkey and all of the fixins. It is supposed to be only 60 degrees on Christmas, so if it is too cold to eat out, that would be a problem. We are back to being not in other's homes and we will have the dog with us and she is not allowed in his house.....................Sadly the reality is that we may be dropping off Christmas dinner to him and then hitting the road.

I hope that everyone here has a blessed holiday and will be with loved ones in person or on zoom.

Merry Christmas to all.

Christmas Plans?-screen-shot-2020-12-21-10-52-28-pm-jpg

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Merry Christmas! It will just be the two of us. Normally on Christmas Day we go to Tom’s niece’s house but we’ll be staying home. Christmas Eve will be lasagna and I plan on making a fudge ribbon cake. It’s a delicious fudge cake with a cream cheese type filling in the middle and topped with a fudge frosting. Christmas Day will be relaxed. Lots of presents to open, cinnamon rolls when we need a break and then pot roast for our dinner. It’s all about the food.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Every Christmas Eve (since I was little too.. mom's tradition) we open one gift.. Matching PJ's and there was 7 of us at the time.
    played a few board games and watch "It's a Wonderful Life" (30+ years I continue this as well. . think my siblings do the same)
    I will have lots of app's. (like my parents did ) Few spiced warm drinks as well.
    Lou will start the fire place since it will be cold
    Christmas dinner was going to be left over Prime Rib( I usually make.. Christmas Eve)_but this year in honor
    of my mom ... we are going to stay home.. order some Chinese food (one of her favorite next to fried clams) and just chill.
    2020 has been a rough year for many of us... with 2021 soon ending I will close that story and
    start a new adventure for 2021.
    MERRY CHRISMAS TO EVERYONE.. WISHING EVERYONE A VERY BLESSED ONE
    Please safe and healthy.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree Peg "it's all about the food". We are planning on having the kids over Christmas day. There will be a breakfast casserole and cinnamon rolls for brunch, later a scratch made traditional lasagna and a creamy chicken alfredo lasagna my daughter is making from her own recipe. We'll accompany that with salads and lots of garlic bread. For dessert I'm making a peppermint cake and my son's fiancé is making something that will be delicious and look professionally decorated. I don't know what that might be, but she dropped off some chocolate truffles Sunday that looked (and tasted) like they were from the best patisserie in Paris. We usually go all out cooking a great meal, but decided big plates of comfort food are what we are craving this year. That and to just be close and celebrate the day together. It's supposed to be in the 60's Christmas eve, but Christmas day will be in the upper 30's, so no outdoor dining. Merry Christmas everyone!

0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Walt, I’m curious about the peppermint cake. Is the cake peppermint flavor, or is it decorated with peppermint candies to look festive?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Peppermint Cake.. yummy
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Walt, I’m curious about the peppermint cake. Is the cake peppermint flavor, or is it decorated with peppermint candies to look festive?
    First time making it, but seems to be pretty peppermint-y all the way through. It uses a box cake mix and that's fine because I don't feel like making a cake from scratch. I even found a large tub of peppermint ice cream to have with it.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/...-cream-9581602

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    First time making it, but seems to be pretty peppermint-y all the way through. It uses a box cake mix and that's fine because I don't feel like making a cake from scratch. I even found a large tub of peppermint ice cream to have with it.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/...-cream-9581602
    That looks really good! I’ve never used a box cake mix but I have no problem with shortcuts! I’m still trying to decide on a dessert for New Years.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like I may be making a trip to Publix.
    Thanks Walt.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    My hubs (Scott) and I will have lasagna on Christmas Eve and I will likely have too much wine. On Christmas day, my two boys (22 and 20) will join us in the early afternoon for roast leg of lamb (complete with fresh garlic and fresh rosemary studded throughout), roasted red and yellow potatoes, green beans and Hawaiian rolls. That is a tradition we have been doing for about 12 years now. There will probably also be some kind of dessert. Then, we will open presents with the kids, sit around for a bit, they will go see their dad and my husband will be working 4pm-12am that night. I will probably have too much wine. Again. Woo, holidays.

Edited to add: it will 19 degrees for the high here on Friday, so we will definitely be INDOORS. Brrrrr.
    Last edited by phrogg108; 12-22-2020 at 01:47 PM.
    Pictures from our Oct 2020 trip: https://photos.app.goo.gl/TGHm1uumCXGEkEHv5

0 0