This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Complaints :)

Post Thanks / Like
    About 7 years ago, I let friend of a relative rent my shore condo for a $100 a night(I did not want to do it, but the relative is a PITA)-it was small-2 bedrooms plus a loft bedroom, but three bathrooms, living area, kitchen, dining area, balcony two to three very short blocks to the beach. She complained because there were bugs on the outside of the screen door to the balcony.

The less crowded beaches & the Dutch bars
    Post Thanks / Like
    so funny and disturbing all at the same time.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty funny - man, some people are just stupid - shaking my head but with a grin. This did make me chuckle several times, thanks for posting this Andrea.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    So, as a travel agent these are a few that I have personally received from clients (some are very well traveled, just love to complain):
    - The sand on the beach is too deep and makes it hard to run
    - All of the workers at the hotel speak Mexican , I didn't go on vacation to hang out with foreigners (they were in Mexico)
    - They (Disney) allow "gays" here! (I dropped them as a client)
    - You didn't tell me it was going to rain! (in the Caribbean during Hurricane season)
    - You need to make my flight to Hawaii shorter on the way back (did not understand time zones)
    - The bathtub in my hotel room has a hair in it, I need an upgraded room
    - You didn't tell me it would be hot during my trip (Jamaica in August)
    - You just need to tell the cruise line that they will allow me to board regardless of whether I have the covid vaccine or not (apparently I own the cruise line)
    - You didn't tell me the water at the beach got deeper. We tried walking out to where the boats were, and it was over our heads my5 year old almost drowned (talking about boats anchored off shore, they thought people walked from the boats to the beach)
    - These covid requirements for Italy are ridiculous. Tell them I am an American and they can't tell me what to do (I have had some version of this repeatedly for the past couple of years)

There are so many more...

I have also had people ask me how deep the sand is (this was Aruba specific) because they were bringing a screw in cup holder for their yeti and wanted to make sure the sand was deep enough.

I have also had clients ask me what is on the buffet (both cruise and all inclusive resorts). They didn't want a general break down, they wanted to know every single item.
    0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hmitchell_travelplanner View Post
    so, as a travel agent these are a few that i have personally received from clients (some are very well traveled, just love to complain):
    - the sand on the beach is too deep and makes it hard to run
    - all of the workers at the hotel speak mexican , i didn't go on vacation to hang out with foreigners (they were in mexico)
    - they (disney) allow "gays" here! (i dropped them as a client)
    - you didn't tell me it was going to rain! (in the caribbean during hurricane season)
    - you need to make my flight to hawaii shorter on the way back (did not understand time zones)
    - the bathtub in my hotel room has a hair in it, i need an upgraded room
    - you didn't tell me it would be hot during my trip (jamaica in august)
    - you just need to tell the cruise line that they will allow me to board regardless of whether i have the covid vaccine or not (apparently i own the cruise line)
    - you didn't tell me the water at the beach got deeper. We tried walking out to where the boats were, and it was over our heads my5 year old almost drowned (talking about boats anchored off shore, they thought people walked from the boats to the beach)
    - these covid requirements for italy are ridiculous. Tell them i am an american and they can't tell me what to do (i have had some version of this repeatedly for the past couple of years)

there are so many more...

I have also had people ask me how deep the sand is (this was aruba specific) because they were bringing a screw in cup holder for their yeti and wanted to make sure the sand was deep enough.

I have also had clients ask me what is on the buffet (both cruise and all inclusive resorts). They didn't want a general break down, they wanted to know every single item.
    smh!!

Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately, this doesn’t surprise me. I worked in the service industry (serving and bartending) for 6 years between college and grad school. I’ve encountered the craziest of crazy complaints. People really show their behinds the most in two settings: in dining and travel related. I always laugh when people complain about local people speaking the native language lol.

Andrea: I’m sorry your cousin’s wife was so rude and ungrateful.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    you didn't tell me the water at the beach got deeper. We tried walking out to where the boats were, and it was over our heads my5 year old almost drowned (talking about boats anchored off shore, they thought people walked from the boats to the beach)
    I have also had people ask me how deep the sand is (this was aruba specific) because they were bringing a screw in cup holder for their yeti and wanted to make sure the sand was deep enough.

Love them All but those two...Really?? Those people should NOT leave their house period!

0 1