This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 103 of 125 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1243

Thread: Corona Virus effects in your hometown.

Post Thanks / Like
    What a brilliant idea. If it's successful, can see many other communities following suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    With the number of positive cases rapidly rising in our area, there is the fear of the hospitals being overwhelmed. One of the hospitals has come up with a program; a COVID Swat team of sorts that should help with that. The hospital is dispatching paramedics to the homes of COVID patients. They come armed with treatment meds and they are able to set up virtual meetings with the doctors at the hospital when necessary. Patients get to stay in their own home and it helps to manage the available beds at the hospital. I really do applaud this effort.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Back in May, in DC they set up the convention center as an alternate care center. Hospitals in the city are nearing 90% full and as of this evening there were less than 50 ICU beds available. Its scary to think of, but the contingency plan of the convention center is ready to go.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    They are ready to turn the one place in Worcester into a Hospital and are considering other locations throughout the state in order to prepare for the expected surge that is coming soon- if not happening now based on the current daily counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Back in May, in DC they set up the convention center as an alternate care center. Hospitals in the city are nearing 90% full and as of this evening there were less than 50 ICU beds available. Its scary to think of, but the contingency plan of the convention center is ready to go.
    June 8th - can't get here quick enough!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay today really really stinks! I had another word but not sure its allowed. I just learned that MA has just added restrictions from NY so its official I can't use my own place in NY unless I am willing to quarantine 2 weeks when we return of have a neg covid test. Looks like my Dec and Feb plans are on hold now for sure.

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have been say "that word " lots lately.

Our family cannot come for Christmas due to the Covid restrictions that their employers have placed.
    They must quarantine for 14 days and submit a negative test before returning to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    Okay today really really stinks! I had another word but not sure its allowed. I just learned that MA has just added restrictions from NY so its official I can't use my own place in NY unless I am willing to quarantine 2 weeks when we return of have a neg covid test. Looks like my Dec and Feb plans are on hold now for sure.

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    With the number of positive cases rapidly rising in our area, there is the fear of the hospitals being overwhelmed. One of the hospitals has come up with a program; a COVID Swat team of sorts that should help with that. The hospital is dispatching paramedics to the homes of COVID patients. They come armed with treatment meds and they are able to set up virtual meetings with the doctors at the hospital when necessary. Patients get to stay in their own home and it helps to manage the available beds at the hospital. I really do applaud this effort.
    Brilliant idea. I wouldn't mind doing home health just for covid.
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    that sucks

Post Thanks / Like
    It certainly does!

Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    that sucks

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Another victim of the pandemic,our favorite airport shuttle service is out of business
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Another victim of the pandemic,our favorite airport shuttle service is out of business

I wonder how many others have been impacted by their favorite businesses closing. For us, our local lunch spot where we had made friends with other patrons, as well as staff who no longer have jobs. They even closed a week earlier than planned so staff who were depending on that last check, lost out. Last night I got an email from the pet resort where we board our lab, Maddy. Sadly, they are also victims of COVID. The nice young couple who owned it was looking at buildings to expand to new locations prior to the pandemic; and now they have been forced to closed. I had hoped that with the good news of two vaccines being available soon, that these spots would be able to hold on, but it was not to be.

0 0