This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36444546

Thread: Corona Virus effects in your hometown.

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Post Thanks / Like
    We were out this morning and the whole feeling around shopping seems to have changed. The prevailing feeling seems to be, 'browsers not welcome here'. The little bit of pleasure from browsing that was part of the shopping experience has been completely sucked out of it. Get in, get whatever you need, pay for it and get back in your car.

Just one more observation:

You could have been forgiven for thinking that Rolling Stones tickets just went on sale, judging from the size of the crowd (all practicing physical distancing), but no; it was customers waiting to get into IKEA. Didn't these folks have any furniture in their homes until now?

Last thing. I agree, I do not understand why some people behave the way they do. Berating minimum wage cashiers or other employees is ignorant. Let's hope it's just the frustration of the past two months.

Glenn
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    We were out this morning and the whole feeling around shopping seems to have changed. The prevailing feeling seems to be, 'browsers not welcome here'. The little bit of pleasure from browsing that was part of the shopping experience has been completely sucked out of it. Get in, get whatever you need, pay for it and get back in your car.

Just one more observation:

You could have been forgiven for thinking that Rolling Stones tickets just went on sale, judging from the size of the crowd (all practicing physical distancing), but no; it was customers waiting to get into IKEA. Didn't these folks have any furniture in their homes until now?

Last thing. I agree, I do not understand why some people behave the way they do. Berating minimum wage cashiers or other employees is ignorant. Let's hope it's just the frustration of the past two months.

Glenn
    Yes, I kinda get that feeling and feel like that. I've done a lot more shopping online. I also think people are trying to improve things in their homes. I ordered new curtains and rods for our bedroom and bathroom, new rods for older son's room and new curtains for younger son's room. So much was out of stock. I also have stuff to return to Kohls, but they suggest waiting till they reopen rather than pay to send it back. If they can do curbside pick up, I think they should be able to do curbside returns-take items out of car, process the return, put receipt in car.

Post Thanks / Like
    https://www.thedailyjournal.com/vide...ve/5253980002/

They allowed our club to do a drive by at the Veteran's Home today. It was nice to see some of the residents outside and others were looking out of windows. Normally, we would have had a few cruises or shows by now. We hope we will be able to have our shows that we do at the Veteran's Home in August and September.
    Last edited by robin; 05-24-2020 at 06:45 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    We’ve had a few drive byes this week. One for a woman down the street for her 90th birthday and one really loud one with police cars, ambulances and fire trucks on the street in back. I assume it was for a veteran as the first vehicle had all sorts of flags waving. It’s nice to see and very uplifting.

0 0