This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 48 of 62 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 620

Thread: Corona Virus effects in your hometown.

  1. #471
    Senior Member robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Oceania, north side
    Posts
    3,103
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. Dentist are still closed. I had a call, a text and email from my eye doctor reminding me to make an appointment, but got the machine when I called and no one returned my call.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    So good to hear that David’s partner got a second negative. I’m sure that puts your mind to rest a bit. Also good news that your lump was just an infected hair follicle. I had that issue a few years back. The cream they gave me cleared it up but it took awhile.

    We rescheduled all doctor appointments until September. Not sure what’s happening with my dentist as the office is still closed. Tom also has labs scheduled for next week. He’s not thrilled about going but I told him if it’s too busy, don’t go in.

  2. #472
    Senior Member Pegmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Any beach!!
    Posts
    6,254
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sitting here watching breaking news coverage of the protests in the Boston area. Nothing on Quincy so I’m assuming it was peaceful. Unfortunately, Brockton is out of control. Live coverage showing protesters throwing fireworks and water bottles at the officers. An abc reporter just got hit with a piece of blacktop. Police responding with tear gas and some sort of projectiles. There are local and state police, as well as, the national guard.

    0 0
     

  3. #473
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Posts
    2,857
    Post Thanks / Like
    The problem is with radical groups & instigators. The people that are protesting for the truth are peaceful. There are a tremendous amount of instigators on both the right & left side that are causing all this trouble. They have arrested quite a few based on their recruiting practices. They post on FB (when will people learn if you live by the internet, you die by the internet). That has caused quite a few to be arrested.

  4. #474
    Senior Member robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Oceania, north side
    Posts
    3,103
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am thrilled I have an appointment now for July 3 for hair. They are not permitted to manis or pedis yet. She said I wait in the car until they are ready. They do one person at a time and then sanitize after each person. So for example, she can't not take a person while my color is processing. I tried to get my son in while my hair is processing and they said no.

    I also have an eye doctor appointment set for August and am trying to set up some household stuff-dryer vent cleaning, carpet/furniture cleaning, etc. Waiting to see who is and isn't working. Power washing is set up for the end of the month.

  5. #475
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    36,115
    Post Thanks / Like
    things are loosening up here in the Tampa Bay Area .
    Paul had an eye appointment today and waited in the car til they called him in by text message.
    he wore his mask and the eye dr wore her mask.

    while he was in the office I ran in to walmart (gag) and grabbed a few items (they had lysol spray!!!) and was in and out of there in 10 minutes.
    I wore my mask, I wiped the cans of lysol with a lysol wipe and tapped my credit card to make the purchase. boy was it hot in that Walmart especially with my mask.

    I got back to Lakeland regional and Paul was standing out in the heat.
    when he was done he was not even allowed to wait inside in the air conditioning.
    he was ushered right outside. he was annoyed, but understood.

    our Publix store is really doing a bang up job in cart cleaning AND encouraging people to wear masks.

    with all of the protests and folks being careless, I expect an uptick in covid 19.

    our pool goes back to regular operations, regular schedules beginning on Saturday.
    the exception: bring your own chairs and noodles. the communities noodles and chairs are off limits as they cannot be continually sanitizing.
    I am so excited...my classes will begin on Monday morning!

    check out the photo that one of my many warped/twisted friends sent to me this morning..............

    Corona Virus effects in your hometown.-101664420_3224186594268782_4683983709727096832_o-jpg
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0
     

  6. #476
    Senior Member Aruba4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,778
    Post Thanks / Like
    Boston/MA is going crazy. A friend just passed along a message that went to every police station in MA warning of credible evidence that rioters are targeting officers in their homes using a data base to get their addresses and will doing surprise riots in small towns like mine. This was a much shortened version of the message I received but its the gist of it.

    This is beyond crazy. I have a couple of friends on the force and my prayers are with them and all the officers trying to keep us safe in these crazy times.

  7. #477
    Senior Member Bri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    506
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd imagine the folks that were protesting the stay at home orders and not wanting to wear masks are coming up positive about now.

    What a year, huh?

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    things are loosening up here in the Tampa Bay Area .
    Paul had an eye appointment today and waited in the car til they called him in by text message.
    he wore his mask and the eye dr wore her mask.

    while he was in the office I ran in to walmart (gag) and grabbed a few items (they had lysol spray!!!) and was in and out of there in 10 minutes.
    I wore my mask, I wiped the cans of lysol with a lysol wipe and tapped my credit card to make the purchase. boy was it hot in that Walmart especially with my mask.

    I got back to Lakeland regional and Paul was standing out in the heat.
    when he was done he was not even allowed to wait inside in the air conditioning.
    he was ushered right outside. he was annoyed, but understood.

    our Publix store is really doing a bang up job in cart cleaning AND encouraging people to wear masks.

    with all of the protests and folks being careless, I expect an uptick in covid 19.

    our pool goes back to regular operations, regular schedules beginning on Saturday.
    the exception: bring your own chairs and noodles. the communities noodles and chairs are off limits as they cannot be continually sanitizing.
    I am so excited...my classes will begin on Monday morning!

    check out the photo that one of my many warped/twisted friends sent to me this morning..............

    Corona Virus effects in your hometown.-101664420_3224186594268782_4683983709727096832_o-jpg


    0 0
     

  8. #478
    Senior Member robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Oceania, north side
    Posts
    3,103
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    Boston/MA is going crazy. A friend just passed along a message that went to every police station in MA warning of credible evidence that rioters are targeting officers in their homes using a data base to get their addresses and will doing surprise riots in small towns like mine. This was a much shortened version of the message I received but its the gist of it.

    This is beyond crazy. I have a couple of friends on the force and my prayers are with them and all the officers trying to keep us safe in these crazy times.
    Praying everyone will be okay.

  9. #479
    Senior Member robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Oceania, north side
    Posts
    3,103
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bri View Post
    I'd imagine the folks that were protesting the stay at home orders and not wanting to wear masks are coming up positive about now.

    What a year, huh?
    An Oklahoma State student who was protesting in Tulsa has tested positive.

  10. #480
    Senior Member Aruba4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,778
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last night thousands rallied but did it with class...no issues last night in Boston thankfully.

    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    An Oklahoma State student who was protesting in Tulsa has tested positive.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •