This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 51 of 92 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Virus effects in your hometown.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm so sorry, Robin. I remember you're posting about him before. He will be remembered in my prayers for both his struggle and his service to our country.

Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    After I posted the above, I went on FB to find out the friend of ours who was in the hospital with Covid passed away at age 58. We are so shocked and we are so heartbroken. He had some medical issues prior to contracting Covid. I went to his page to post condolences and was reminded how he wasn't taken it seriously. It's real people. He was a nice, trustworthy, and kind. He was father, grandfather, former Marine and friend. Please take this seriously people.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    my condolences robin and dianne

it is a very cruel disease.

I lost 2 elderly aunts and an uncle (all my mom's siblings) all were in assisted living in MA...all in a span of 34 days.
    Also, a co worker and scuba buddy, a ski and Falmouth beach buddy (our son's god father), my mom's elderly nun friend Sister Mary Ellen Kanty, a woman from swim classes in Waltham AND neighbor from when I was growing up and 2 other folks that were just acquaintances.

So when folks say it is only the flu, I say NO WAY.
    I take it seriously.
    I hate the thought of the spike happening.

The water exercise classes that I teach are the only activities here at Highland Fairways (other than golf) that are happening.
    We can keep 20 folks in the shallow end at a fair distance from one another!
    It is working fine and we are not worried.
    2 are wearing masks

​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so sorry for the loss of your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    After I posted the above, I went on FB to find out the friend of ours who was in the hospital with Covid passed away at age 58. We are so shocked and we are so heartbroken. He had some medical issues prior to contracting Covid. I went to his page to post condolences and was reminded how he wasn't taken it seriously. It's real people. He was a nice, trustworthy, and kind. He was father, grandfather, former Marine and friend. Please take this seriously people.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hatteras View Post
    We are still dealing with my mom's recovery from contracting Covid back in March. She is still bed ridden, but the staff has just started getting her up in a wheelchair for short periods of time. She tires out quickly.
    My first "serious" high school boyfriend died of the virus last week. He was an essential worker, working in an office for a utilities company. Apparently, he caught it at work. I'm just heartbroken for his wife and family.

People here in Richmond Va are acting like it's over. I expect that we'll have a big spike in cases within the next few weeks.
    I am so sorry about your friend. This virus does not discriminate. I hope your mom gets stronger. I know it is difficult for you not to be able to see her.

Post Thanks / Like
    So sorry about all of these health issues- hoping your mom continues to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by hatteras View Post
    We are still dealing with my mom's recovery from contracting Covid back in March. She is still bed ridden, but the staff has just started getting her up in a wheelchair for short periods of time. She tires out quickly.
    My first "serious" high school boyfriend died of the virus last week. He was an essential worker, working in an office for a utilities company. Apparently, he caught it at work. I'm just heartbroken for his wife and family.

People here in Richmond Va are acting like it's over. I expect that we'll have a big spike in cases within the next few weeks.

Post Thanks / Like
    I scheduled bloodwork for this morning and the lab is across the street from the high school complex(two buildings 9/10 and 11/12 each holding about 1600+ kids). I did not realize until yesterday that today they were beginning a two day drive up graduation(over 600 kids). It looked really nice. They had the families(1 car per family) come in the furtherest entrance which wraps around the back building (9th/10th grades) and through the parking lot of both buildings to the front of the 11/12 building. It looked very orderly. They had a raised platform/stage and I could see the graduate on it with board member or principal or whoever it was handing out the diplomas(since it is 2 days long, they were rotating in board members, superintendents and principals). The info I had seen said they'd would get everything there-yearbook, scholarships since they could not have the Merit Assembly, etc. Only the graduate was allowed out of the car but pictures were being taken of each graduate. The governor is allowing traditional outdoor graduations after July 6, but because our district is large, they have to submit a plan and get it approved and it if it is approved they would need more than one graduation ceremony. I feel bad that the kids are not getting a traditional graduation with everyone they went to school with and all their family(usually 5 tickets per kid) in attendance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Robin; sorry for your loss
    It is the most horrible disease I have ever had to deal with.
    Praying this will all end soon.
    0 0

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Post Thanks / Like
    What I don't get is why people think it is an inconvenience to wear a mask. You wear it in a store, big deal. You wear it in a crowd. I just don't understand what the problem is. If they would just do this now, this could be downgraded so fast and then you're good to go. what do people think they are missing. we go out every morning for our walk and every afternoon for a walk. we sit outside and read on our own property. how hard is that? meanwhile, my oldest friend is in the process of going through her parents' things because they both died of this a week apart and having a hard time doing it but since she lives in Manhattan, its safer to be at their house then in the city.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    1. masks are hot. that is one of the reasons.
    2. some folks are just plain stupid and or inconsiderate of others.
    3. some folks are emulating the leader of the free world, whom is pretty much telling folks do what you want to do re: masks.
    4. all of the above ?

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    What I don't get is why people think it is an inconvenience to wear a mask. You wear it in a store, big deal. You wear it in a crowd. I just don't understand what the problem is. If they would just do this now, this could be downgraded so fast and then you're good to go. what do people think they are missing. we go out every morning for our walk and every afternoon for a walk. we sit outside and read on our own property. how hard is that? meanwhile, my oldest friend is in the process of going through her parents' things because they both died of this a week apart and having a hard time doing it but since she lives in Manhattan, its safer to be at their house then in the city.

​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good evening everyone,

It was announced today that the Canada-US border will remain closed for another 30 days. It was to re-open on June 21, but that re-opening date has now been pushed back to July 21, 2020.

No editorializing from me on this. It is what it is.

Glenn
    Winnipeg, Canada
    1 0