This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 72 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Virus effects in your hometown.

Post Thanks / Like
    Another negative covid test.
    Our Volusia County Sheriff Chitwood.. an amazing guy;
    does so much and keeps our community updated, was test positive;
    A mild case, but suggest if one feels a little under the weather, get tested.
    He has no idea how and where since he has used all the precautions
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I feel the need to vent so sorry in advance. Our neighbor is having a graduation party this evening with at least 10 carloads of people arriving. I saw one couple wearing a mask but no one else. I understand they want to celebrate their granddaughters graduation but the fact that they have such total disregard for the need to social distance and wear a mask makes me positively crazy. People are dying and suffering because of this type of ignorance. I have known and got along with these neighbors for 40 years. We went to the grandson’s graduation celebration last year. I am friendly with the girl’s mother as they are also neighbors. I don’t know how I can hold back on saying something the next time she texts me. What is wrong with people? Why don’t they get it?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Peg it's been mentioned several times on the forum, "you just can't fix STUPID".

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry Peg...this whole situation is bringing out the worst in some people...I have stopped communicating with one of my dumb relatives because I can't deal with his ignorance anymore. I myself would not be talking to the idiots you currently have as neighbors because I would be unable to stay quiet and would need to tell them what I thought of their SELFISH actions that effect ALL of us!

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    I feel the need to vent so sorry in advance. Our neighbor is having a graduation party this evening with at least 10 carloads of people arriving. I saw one couple wearing a mask but no one else. I understand they want to celebrate their granddaughters graduation but the fact that they have such total disregard for the need to social distance and wear a mask makes me positively crazy. People are dying and suffering because of this type of ignorance. I have known and got along with these neighbors for 40 years. We went to the grandson’s graduation celebration last year. I am friendly with the girl’s mother as they are also neighbors. I don’t know how I can hold back on saying something the next time she texts me. What is wrong with people? Why don’t they get it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Peg it's been mentioned several times on the forum, "you just can't fix STUPID".

So true!! It did help for me to vent here. Maybe it will keep me from being rude to neighbors I have been friends with for years. These people have had two family members hospitalized for weeks at the beginning of the pandemic. They obviously just don’t care.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    Sorry Peg...this whole situation is bringing out the worst in some people...I have stopped communicating with one of my dumb relatives because I can't deal with his ignorance anymore. I myself would not be talking to the idiots you currently have as neighbors because I would be unable to stay quiet and would need to tell them what I thought of their SELFISH actions that effect ALL of us!
    The numbers in our city have been moving upward again. It’s just so frustrating.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with others...you just can't fix stupid!!!!! If anyone should have learned it should have been them. So near sighted....I don't honestly remember what I did for my HS graduation so how important is it in "real" life when its all said and done? Its NOT!!!! Done ranting...going to go and watch some wake-boarding videos to try and get some pointers for the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    So true!! It did help for me to vent here. Maybe it will keep me from being rude to neighbors I have been friends with for years. These people have had two family members hospitalized for weeks at the beginning of the pandemic. They obviously just don’t care.

Post Thanks / Like
    Peg,
    I always say no excuse to be a moron..
    self quarantine from them for a while too. They can be carriers
    and you need to protect yourself and Tom.
    Please stay safe.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brady bear View Post
    Peg,
    I always say no excuse to be a moron..
    self quarantine from them for a while too. They can be carriers
    and you need to protect yourself and Tom.
    Please stay safe.
    Thanks. We are still in stay at home mode and have everything delivered. If we go out it’s just to take a ride or if I have to pick up insulin at CVS as they don’t deliver insulin. Our socialization is limited to texts and phone calls. Maybe I’m jealous?!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Peg, I am sorry to say it is everywhere. Last weekend in Jackson, NJ two 20something girls rented a large house with very large year through AirBnB. They threw a HUGE party and more people than they invited showed up-they had over 700 people and hundreds of cars. Why it took until it was that big for people to call the police is beyond me.

I look at what people post and just don't understand how they believe what they believe. I guess they have to get really sick or have a loved one get really sick to believe it is serious. When people post that the survival rate is 99.94% because only 148,000 died out of 328,000,000 is just crazy because not everyone in the country has had the virus and the real rate is about 95% based on positive tests and deaths. People don't get that there can be long term effects and the reality is we don't know what effects the virus will have years down the road(think of Chicken Pox and Shingles).

Yesterday I took my SUV for inspection. You have to get out for them to do the test. I sat for an hour in line behind a car with a young child about 4 or 5 in it(he was bouncing all around and sticking his head of out the window). When their turn came, they got out and both had their noses over their masks like the nose isn't part of the respiratory system. The inspector had to tell them to cover their noses. They were getting into their car at the end of the inspection as I was walking up to the waiting area. They got in and the mom took off with the kid hanging his head out the window. Stupid all around.

The numbers in NJ are starting to rise, too. The governor is warning if it doesn't change, things will start to shut down again.
    Last edited by robin; 07-31-2020 at 08:58 PM.