This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 79 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Virus effects in your hometown.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    My doctor's office allows you to walk in, but there was nobody in the waiting room-precovid it would be busy. They also have a sign on the door requiring you to walk up to a temperature scanner to have your temperature taken. It is mounted to the wall. They didn't think about short people when they mounted it. I'm too short. I tell the receptionist and her reply is "Do you stand on your tiptoes?" I wanted to rely, "No, I stood on my head", but I bit my tongue.
    OMG, that is such a pet peeve of mind. No one takes into account if you are not average size. How many times have you stayed in a hotel and the mirror in the bathroom is too high?!!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    OMG, that is such a pet peeve of mind. No one takes into account if you are not average size. How many times have you stayed in a hotel and the mirror in the bathroom is too high?!!
    Many time in hotels or other public bathrooms. I also just "love" when I watch them stock the shelves in the grocery store standing on a stool or step ladder.

I ask what they did for someone in a wheelchair and she just mumbled something.

Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    That was rude and I bet she didn’t even realize how rude it was. Some people are just socially tone deaf.

My doctor's office allows you to walk in, but there was nobody in the waiting room-precovid it would be busy. They also have a sign on the door requiring you to walk up to a temperature scanner to have your temperature taken. It is mounted to the wall. They didn't think about short people when they mounted it. I'm too short. I tell the receptionist and her reply is "Do you stand on your tiptoes?" I wanted to rely, "No, I stood on my head", but I bit my tongue.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Many time in hotels or other public bathrooms. I also just "love" when I watch them stock the shelves in the grocery store standing on a stool or step ladder.

I ask what they did for someone in a wheelchair and she just mumbled something.

I have one of those grabbers for reaching shelves at home. I have often thought of bringing it to the grocery store as I get tired of looking around for someone to reach something for me. These days, of course, it’s less of an issue as we have everything delivered.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We went to a wedding on Saturday. Our friend's daughter decided to hold her wedding in Delaware(moved from PA). The ceremony was held outdoors overlooking marshes on a farm. There were maybe 80 people most not wearing masks. We stayed for the ceremony, greeted the family and drove home. Many people who were invited did not attend including someone in the bridal party. We had sent back that we were not attending, but would drive the hour and half down for the ceremony if DE had come off quarantine list for NJ and it did on 9/1. There was no social distancing for the outdoor cocktail hour so we didn't even stop there to get a cold drink. It was a beautiful wedding. They moved into the neighborhood a few months before we did and lived two houses away. The bride was two years when we moved in. She was always checking out my island to see if I had an 'nanas' to eat. Hard to believe she is married. Her sister, who is 9 days older than my oldest son was supposed to get married in 3 weeks in DE. Since it is the second marriage for both of them, there is Covid and her wedding planner passed away, they decided to just go to Antigua and get married there by themselves.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    were the guests seated physically distanced away from each other?
    We went to a wedding on Saturday. Our friend's daughter decided to hold her wedding in Delaware(moved from PA). The ceremony was held outdoors overlooking marshes on a farm. There were maybe 80 people most not wearing masks. We stayed for the ceremony, greeted the family and drove home. Many people who were invited did not attend including someone in the bridal party. We had sent back that we were not attending, but would drive the hour and half down for the ceremony if DE had come off quarantine list for NJ and it did on 9/1. There was no social distancing for the outdoor cocktail hour so we didn't even stop there to get a cold drink. It was a beautiful wedding. They moved into the neighborhood a few months before we did and lived two houses away. The bride was two years when we moved in. She was always checking out my island to see if I had an 'nanas' to eat. Hard to believe she is married. Her sister, who is 9 days older than my oldest son was supposed to get married in 3 weeks in DE. Since it is the second marriage for both of them, there is Covid and her wedding planner passed away, they decided to just go to Antigua and get married there by themselves.

​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    were the guests seated physically distanced away from each other?
    Not at all. They only had seating for about 60.

And they had bubbles you were supposed to blow when they came back up the aisle.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    unbelievable.
    Not at all. They only had seating for about 60.

And they had bubbles you were supposed to blow when they came back up the aisle.

​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Bubbles of possible covid virus in the air.... what happened to throwing bird seed?

Post Thanks / Like
    So irresponsible. I just don't understand what some people are thinking. Do they believe it's all a joke?!
    I arrived on Cape Cod yesterday and so far I'm impressed how people are being with wearing masks.
    0 1