This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 81 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Virus effects in your hometown.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Fortunately he was driving quite slow. There were cones out so he obviously wasn’t paying attention. We were lucky as they finished up around 10:30 so it wasn’t too bad. Tom got a chance to talk to some of the guys he hadn’t seen in a few years. Socially distanced and wearing a mask of course.
    Glad you have your water on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Doctor’s appointments during a pandemic are kind of interesting. Tom’s annual transplant appointment was today and it was conducted via the phone. We were thrilled not to have to drive to Boston. They told us they weren’t seeing any patients in the clinic because of COVID.

I had been going back and forth on whether or not to reschedule Tom’s primary doctor appointment, as well as my primary and my dentist appointments. Since we had the transplant doctor on the phone we asked her what she thought. Surprisingly she suggested that we should reschedule the appointments as they were routine.

Then I asked what she thought about dining out fully expecting her to advise against it. She told us, right now, since numbers were down it was probably safe. Just make sure the tables are properly spaced and keep the masks on as much as possible. Now we just need to get over being paranoid about going out!!

0 2

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    that doctor seems on the ball!
    so go to the dentist, out to dinner and enjoy some time out of the house.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Doctor’s appointments during a pandemic are kind of interesting. Tom’s annual transplant appointment was today and it was conducted via the phone. We were thrilled not to have to drive to Boston. They told us they weren’t seeing any patients in the clinic because of COVID.

I had been going back and forth on whether or not to reschedule Tom’s primary doctor appointment, as well as my primary and my dentist appointments. Since we had the transplant doctor on the phone we asked her what she thought. Surprisingly she suggested that we should reschedule the appointments as they were routine.

Then I asked what she thought about dining out fully expecting her to advise against it. She told us, right now, since numbers were down it was probably safe. Just make sure the tables are properly spaced and keep the masks on as much as possible. Now we just need to get over being paranoid about going out!!

​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Dentist and primary all rescheduled. I positively hate going to the dentist so no problem rescheduling that. I think with the dining out I need to wait until Tom feels he’s ready. Maybe an early or a late lunch to avoid any possibility of crowds.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed! I think it would do you both a lot of good to get out for a bit. Maybe an early or late lunch when it's not as busy? You both need a fried clams fix!! Mask down...pop one in...mask up...chew...repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    that doctor seems on the ball!
    so go to the dentist, out to dinner and enjoy some time out of the house.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaGrn View Post
    Agreed! I think it would do you both a lot of good to get out for a bit. Maybe an early or late lunch when it's not as busy? You both need a fried clams fix!! Mask down...pop one in...mask up...chew...repeat!
    This is a good time of the year to dine outside. I think we’ll need to get out before cold weather comes and we’re stuck in. Our local spot is talking about rearranging the high tops in the bar and calling the bartenders back in. They only let the bartenders place the Keno so right now you can’t play and that’s something we enjoy. I hate to admit that I recently put our keno numbers in, came home and watched the numbers being pulled on the Mass lottery site! It just wasn’t the same

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm constantly amazed by your comments. Please refrain from voicing negative thoughts about politicians. We value you opinions, but when you involve politics you are stepping over the boundaries set for this forum. You have been warned.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 09-10-2020 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Deleted Mohair's words

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes you are correct, Ny did not do everything right, NOBODY did, but you cannot argue with our current infection rate, over 30 days under 1% positive. I will take those numbers any day compared to rest of the country.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 09-10-2020 at 08:18 PM. Reason: DEleted Mohair's words
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Let's get away from the US politics.

I have a question. Now that the US schools are back in session, what did your local district do?

Here they were going to do one day a week for half the kids and then another day for half, meaning 4 virtual days. The board meeting virtually rejected it. Then it went to Mon./Tues for first group, Wed.off, Thurs/Fri. days for a second group-3 virtual days for each kid. When one group is at school the kids at home would have no support because the teacher would be teaching in the classroom.

Then the governor allowed virtual as an option and parents were given a choice of two days and 3 virtual or all virtual(a teacher would be available all the time and teach online). Parents made their choices. T

Then at the county superintendent's meeting with superintendents from all the school districts met and spoke with medical personnel. All but one small district in our county went virtual till "Oct. 13". Districts are also having issues getting PPE, cleaning supplies, etc. and staffing issues. (IMO that will never happen. My guess is they will be virtual until at least spring). Private school-here it is Christian or Catholic schools-are open in person for now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here in Quincy, Ma the schools are not yet open. There was a meeting last night to discuss opening the schools in phases. Right now it looks like elementary schools could open September 16th with the older kids starting in October. Nothing sounded final

0 0