This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 90 of 108 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Virus effects in your hometown.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just got rid of (Sold on marketplace) a serving for 12 Fiestaware.
    Including dinner plates, cereal bowls, cup, saucer, salt n pepper shaker and a pitcher.

My arthritic hands can no longer deal with the heaviness.

Also a service of 8 of Temptationware.

My son and daughter in law did not want it

I am sorry that we lugged it to Florida 11 yrs ago.

Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    I did something I have not done since before leaving for Aruba in January. I went into a mall. I wanted all new dishes and wanted to see what I had planned on ordering, so I drove to a mall with a Macy's because it was the closest store that had Fiestaware in stock. I didn't realize the whole mall did not open until 11(it was 10 before Covid) so I went to a nearby Kohl's for 45 minutes then went back to the mall. So many stores were closed. Macy's was not as well stocked as it usually is(neither was Kohls). I walked partway through the mall and left. It was just too depressing. BTW, Fiestaware has been made in the US since the 1936. I got a great deal at Kohl's-30% off, 10% back on Upromise and Kohl's cash. Macy's also had a good sale, but not as good as Kohls, but I had gift cards, so I order a few pieces from Macy's too. I will slowly add other pieces when I find sales.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought 12 bistro sets from Kohls, 8 mugs from Macy's(will get the rest later only if i need them), ordered two of three canisters from BB&B and will get the third when I get my $25 in rewards. I'll work on the rest as I get coupons, rewards, etc. It's a want, not a need. The Farberware dishes were a need-my set of 12 was down to 8 dinner dishes and 7 bowls and 10 small plates, etc. and scratched from probably 20 years of use. With everyone home and with company, I need a set of 12. At least with these I can replace pieces as they break. I got Lapis.

(
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    I just got rid of (Sold on marketplace) a serving for 12 Fiestaware.
    Including dinner plates, cereal bowls, cup, saucer, salt n pepper shaker and a pitcher.

My arthritic hands can no longer deal with the heaviness.

Also a service of 8 of Temptationware.

My son and daughter in law did not want it

I am sorry that we lugged it to Florida 11 yrs ago.

Post Thanks / Like
    Went to Kolh's to return a few items I bought on line and didn't realize they do Amazon.
    Surprised myself and just return the items too. Didn't even "look." Even had a 30% off coupon.
    Really need to go to Kay's (at the mall) to have my jewelry inspected;
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Massachusetts numbers are on the rise. More than 800 positive cases reported for today. It’s the highest one day number since May. At home in Quincy our numbers are rising as well. Although we are still in the yellow zone it looks like we’re headed towards the red zone. Feeling concerned that we are headed into a second surge. So, it’s back to stay at home. For us that just means eliminating our once a week restaurant dining. I had continued having everything delivered, so not much of a change, but boy I enjoyed getting out and feeling ever so slightly normal!!

We’re all so tired of this and want the pandemic to just be over. However, people have become even more lax at following the guidelines. I expect it’s going to be a long winter.

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I expect it to be a long winter too.

People are exhausted and tired of it.
    They are just not being cautious and following the proper protocols.

I am thinking that at least here with our governor and the way he governs....there will be no turning back.
    I bet there will be no more closures and shut downs.
    He will continue to promote his herd immunities and survival of the fittest and be incompetent.

It is a scary time.

The 2nd wave of the virus has hit.
    Many places are back on the rise
    I do not believe that it is not a 2nd wave, but is still the first wave that was never reigned in and dealt with properly.
    We are still being careful, our Disney annual passes expire soon but we are NOT even considering a quick 3 hr jaunt thru the Magic Kingdom.

We are still eating out at the couple of places that we like that are still keeping things physically distanced.
    We continue to go thru about a pint of hand sanitizer a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Massachusetts numbers are on the rise. More than 800 positive cases reported for today. It’s the highest one day number since May. At home in Quincy our numbers are rising as well. Although we are still in the yellow zone it looks like we’re headed towards the red zone. Feeling concerned that we are headed into a second surge. So, it’s back to stay at home. For us that just means eliminating our once a week restaurant dining. I had continued having everything delivered, so not much of a change, but boy I enjoyed getting out and feeling ever so slightly normal!!

We’re all so tired of this and want the pandemic to just be over. However, people have become even more lax at following the guidelines. I expect it’s going to be a long winter.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    So yesterday was my mothers 90th birthday. We were allowed to visit her! Of course wearing masks and gloves. We hadn't seen her since early February, she didn't know who we were, she was cold the entire time (temps were in the upper 70's) and it seemed as though she just wasn't happy being there. Her hair hasn't been cut since February (neither has mine) and her glasses had been broken for a while, but I was never told of it. So we gave the cookies to the staff for dessert for the group, told mom we loved her, wished her a happy birthday (we were allowed to hug and kiss her) and she walked away. We have no idea when we will be able to visit with her again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Andrea, I was so excited to go out for lunch and to play keno. It really did almost feel normal and it was nice to see people. In someways I think it will be more difficult to stay in after having the brief release! Tom is just not comfortable going out now so I have to respect his feelings.
    Last edited by Pegmeister; 10-19-2020 at 08:53 PM.

0 1

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cases of COVID-19 are on the rise here in Winnipeg while the rest of our province has a pretty good handle on things. Winnipeg is undergoing a two week lockdown starting today. Our numbers are up because of the selfish behaviour of the 20-40 year olds.

Part of the problem in Canada is that healthcare is a provincial responsibility, so instead of a national set of standards, we have 10 fiefdoms (13 if you count the northern territories) each with their own set of standards, lockdowns etc. The only thing they have in common is they all expect the federal government to pay for it all.

This type of predicament could happen in other federal systems too.

This is not meant to be political although I recognize that it might be taken as such.

Glenn
    Winnipeg, Canada
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    So yesterday was my mothers 90th birthday. We were allowed to visit her! Of course wearing masks and gloves. We hadn't seen her since early February, she didn't know who we were, she was cold the entire time (temps were in the upper 70's) and it seemed as though she just wasn't happy being there. Her hair hasn't been cut since February (neither has mine) and her glasses had been broken for a while, but I was never told of it. So we gave the cookies to the staff for dessert for the group, told mom we loved her, wished her a happy birthday (we were allowed to hug and kiss her) and she walked away. We have no idea when we will be able to visit with her again.
    Such a long time to go without being able to visit someone you love. I’m glad you were able to visit. So sorry she didn’t know you. It’s such a difficult disease.

2 1

Post Thanks / Like
    We are still going to breakfast on Sunday mornings and happy hour on Wednesdays at our local joint. I'm going into work several days a week and travelling so it's kinda back to normal for me... and it feels really good.