This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 91 of 108 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Virus effects in your hometown.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Such a long time to go without being able to visit someone you love. I’m glad you were able to visit. So sorry she didn’t know you. It’s such a difficult disease.
    Thanks Peg

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    omg really they have not had the hairdresser on staff cut her hair?
    I am so sorry for her situation. It is heartbreaking.

Being old and in a nursing facility is sad.....add to it the covid protocols and the situation is intolerable.
    I am sorry that the situation exists
    I bet it was kind of traumatic for both you and Pam.

And speaking of hair.........a newer homeowner here is trying out a new look..........came back from 6 month stay in the Finger Lakes.........with a "man bun". He takes 2 of my water exercise classes weekly and I reminded him that the "man bun" was not a good look on a 75 yr old. Walt, you are considerably younger, so I will cut you some slack.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    So yesterday was my mothers 90th birthday. We were allowed to visit her! Of course wearing masks and gloves. We hadn't seen her since early February, she didn't know who we were, she was cold the entire time (temps were in the upper 70's) and it seemed as though she just wasn't happy being there. Her hair hasn't been cut since February (neither has mine) and her glasses had been broken for a while, but I was never told of it. So we gave the cookies to the staff for dessert for the group, told mom we loved her, wished her a happy birthday (we were allowed to hug and kiss her) and she walked away. We have no idea when we will be able to visit with her again.
    November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Numbers are going up in NJ, but so far, our county is still doing well, but some of the neighboring one is creeping up. I have gone back to the gym for training only so far. I've been to the dentist a few weeks ago, too. We still are doing take out. Got my flu shot at my yearly physical and my first shingles shot last week. I miss my friends and family, but it is what it is. So looking forward to having the kids here for Thanksgiving and no one else.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, Walt, I'm so glad you were finally able to visit her. Perhaps not exactly the visit you may have hoped for, but I'm sure it gave you some much needed relief and peace.

So yesterday was my mothers 90th birthday. We were allowed to visit her! Of course wearing masks and gloves. We hadn't seen her since early February, she didn't know who we were, she was cold the entire time (temps were in the upper 70's) and it seemed as though she just wasn't happy being there. Her hair hasn't been cut since February (neither has mine) and her glasses had been broken for a while, but I was never told of it. So we gave the cookies to the staff for dessert for the group, told mom we loved her, wished her a happy birthday (we were allowed to hug and kiss her) and she walked away. We have no idea when we will be able to visit with her again.
    1 2

Post Thanks / Like
    My facility has been completely covid free (no residents or staff) we are starting to let family visit.
    Conditions are: time slot, no hugging, touching, and etc. Visitors will only get screened and whos to know if they
    are telling the truth (same goes for the staff who has other jobs) visitors will be set up in one area. 15 minutes only; One resident at a time2 the max limit and reservations only.
    Visitors must sign a waiver too. (due to many nursing facilities are being sued for negligence)
    A lot of these folks are suffering. Most families have not shown interest in visiting either.
    Very heart breaking too.
    Last edited by brady bear; 10-19-2020 at 10:27 PM.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow
    Very difficult guidelines.

In the end it is to protect the resident but it also causes much harm as many residents do not understand.
    such a sad situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by brady bear View Post
    My facility has been completely covid free (no residents or staff) we are starting to let family visit.
    Conditions are: time slot, no hugging, touching, and etc. Visitors will only get screened and whos to know if they
    are telling the truth (same goes for the staff who has other jobs) visitors will be set up in one area. 15 minutes only; One resident at a time2 the max limit and reservations only.
    Visitors must sign a waiver too. (due to many nursing facilities are being sued for negligence)
    A lot of these folks are suffering. Most families have not shown interest in visiting either.
    Very heart breaking too.
    November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    A

A very happy birthday to your mom.
    As for hairdressers we do not have them either.
    For the men some of us nurses are giving buzz cuts and are so happy they don't have long hair.
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone voted yet? We went this morning and it took about an hour and a half total from parking till returning to the car. Stood outside in the wonderful Virginia Beach weather, properly distanced wearing masks. It was quite easy, things were run very professionally and now it's done. Is your state/locale offering early voting? Are you voting early or waiting till November 3rd?

Post Thanks / Like
    We both have already voted. We went with the mail in ballot as neither of us wanted to wait in line. Early balloting has also been offered in our area. They even used Fenway Park for an early voting location. The lines were blocks long but at least people were able to be outside. I also think Fenway was a pretty big draw for people.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    NJ sent out mail in ballots to all registered voters. Our county mailed them out over a 10 day or so period. We received our over two weeks ago. We filled them out and I dropped all three off at one of the secure ballot boxes in town. We have a good friend who is part of the county election board and David has worked the polls. This year he will work at a different poll location that is different than his normal assignment. He was also asked to help count mail in ballots, but I don't know if he will be able to do it as he is in training for his new 911 job.