This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 93 of 108 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Virus effects in your hometown.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    It drives me insane when I see noses peeking out. It is like people failed science and health their whole life and don't know that they breathe through their nose. I hope you stay safe and your family is safe.
    Great idea.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am glad that you and your family are still safe!!

A friend in Georgia teaches in a middle school.
    The parents are called repeatedly by the school nurse to come and pick up sick kids....the parents don't come til dismissal time.
    On Friday the nurse was put in charge of 2 classrooms full of sick teens, most likely with covid and parents not coming.
    The nurse quit on the spot.

Hang tough Jay.
    You are doing the right thing.
    Stay well.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    I feel like Covid is closing in on me at this point. We got a call yesterday and our hometown had FIVE cases just yesterday in the school system, at least one in every school. Today my two coworkers had to join a meeting about a fellow student who is now positive with Covid. Contract tracing is an absolute joke! They are relying on the kid to say who he/she was near more than 15 min with 24 hours. They would not tell my peers who the kid was and only the class. They asked if they were close to any kids or if they was anyone not wearing a mask properly....the answer to the later question is half the freaking school....I tell people to put on their masks properly 1000 times a day!
    November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    And it gets potentially a lot closer. One of my varsity soccer players is in quarantine awaiting his results. He also got tested for strep...I am rooting for strep or just a nasty cold, lol. If he has it my entire squad will end up in quarantine and my season will end with 4 games remaining. I thankfully stay far enough way I am not worried about my safety.

Some parents are just crazy! I would never want to be a nurse in a public school at this point....no appreciation by the kids and they are in danger for their safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    I am glad that you and your family are still safe!!

A friend in Georgia teaches in a middle school.
    The parents are called repeatedly by the school nurse to come and pick up sick kids....the parents don't come til dismissal time.
    On Friday the nurse was put in charge of 2 classrooms full of sick teens, most likely with covid and parents not coming.
    The nurse quit on the spot.

Hang tough Jay.
    You are doing the right thing.
    Stay well.
    Last edited by Aruba4ever; 10-28-2020 at 05:51 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you ever compare the Covid numbers in Aruba to where you live? I know things are not equal, but my county has about 150,000 and Aruba has about 120,000 people, so I figure of the positive cases are similar, our exposure would be similar. Aruba does have more cases than we have here, but I also know that we are surrounded by several other counties with both higher and lower numbers of covid cases who work, visit, and shop in our county. So I am guessing I am just as safe at home as in Aruba. Does my thinking make sense?

Post Thanks / Like
    I do compare our numbers to Aruba. Our city is in the 100,000 range and we’ve been getting between 7 and 10 new cases a day. That puts us in the red zone (high risk) as of today. In September we were getting less than 4 cases per day. Guess I view Aruba as being in pretty much the same situation. My feeling is when we have to depend on others to do the right thing, wear the mask etc then we’re better off just staying put.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Connecticut's numbers are spiking as well. We were doing so good! I'm convinced it's all tied in to the schools opening up. So difficult to know what the right thing to do is - keep them open or close and go back to 100% virtual? Jay, praying you and family stay safe and well.
    1 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I believe that schools are part of it.
    I really believe that mostly it is Covidiots.
    People being reckless and complacent.

Paul and I met with our health insurance guy today.
    (annual medicare supplement stuff)
    The insurance guy told us that we did not have to wear our masks while we were seated across from him (3') from him at his desk.
    He told us the mask thing was a bunch of "Hooey and Foolishness"
    We kept our masks on.

Every day there are more "Covidiots" than imaginable.
    November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    I do compare our numbers to Aruba. Our city is in the 100,000 range and we’ve been getting between 7 and 10 new cases a day. That puts us in the red zone (high risk) as of today. In September we were getting less than 4 cases per day. Guess I view Aruba as being in pretty much the same situation. My feeling is when we have to depend on others to do the right thing, wear the mask etc then we’re better off just staying put.
    Our county(that's how NJ breaks it down) gets less than 4-8 a day, but it has been at 0 and at 16 over the past few months. My doctor said most are in facilities and in low income homes/apartment complexes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, lots of Covidiots! I think once they start opening up the states, people think they don't have to be careful. People are also tired of staying home and not seeing loved ones. It doesn't help when people believe "it is just going to go away" and "we are rounding the corner" and "don't be afraid, it isn't bad" and " the only reason the numbers are going up is because we are testing more". Some people don't get it and won't until they or someone they love get very sick or someone they care about passes away.

Post Thanks / Like
    He is an idiot!!!!!!!! And yes, the schools are a big part of it IMO>

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    I believe that schools are part of it.
    I really believe that mostly it is Covidiots.
    People being reckless and complacent.

Paul and I met with our health insurance guy today.
    (annual medicare supplement stuff)
    The insurance guy told us that we did not have to wear our masks while we were seated across from him (3') from him at his desk.
    He told us the mask thing was a bunch of "Hooey and Foolishness"
    We kept our masks on.

Every day there are more "Covidiots" than imaginable.