This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 95 of 108 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Virus effects in your hometown.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cmynes View Post
    We are doing the same! Just declined my cousin’s house for large Thanksgiving gathering. So it will be just the two of us too. We are very cautious and my cousins say they are over it. Some people think they are COVID exempt! It will definitely be strange not seeing family. Cases are really spiking in NJ & and also NY & CT. Scary.
    Too many people are "over it" or are not taking it seriously. I usually love have company, but grateful to just have the kids this year. I haven't seen the older one since last Thanksgiving because of Covid.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    we will be a group of 3 for thanksgiving a week prior at our friend's house in BelAir
    we bring the meal and he sets the table

our friend is an elderly gentleman whose appetite is light.
    we have been sharing germs since March when the pandemic began.
    we had been bringing him supplies weekly and now that we are open up more, we visit every other Saturday or Sunday.
    as I said we have been sharing germs

this year I 'll do a shepherd's pie kinda dish with turkey, gravy, peas, carrots, mashed and stuffing.
    this would probably be perfect for us and I can transport the whole dinner in one large casserole dish or crock pot.
    add some cranberry sauce and relish, a pumpkin or apple pie and we are GOOD!!!

with enough turkey at home to slice and freeze and bring to aruba.

we have friends here in our community that are having groups of 10+ on thanksgiving day.
    we declined 3 invitations....."sorry, going to aruba"
    November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Andrea, are you planning on trying to bring some meat? We thought about it, but they are so tight at customs right now.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes, it will be cooked and frozen.
    also bringing some home made red sauce
    and a chicken, rice, broccoli casserole
    all frozen and wrapped in an insulated bag and wrapped in newspaper in the middle of my checked bag.

my understanding is raw meat is not allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Andrea, are you planning on trying to bring some meat? We thought about it, but they are so tight at customs right now.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Since it doesn't look like I'll be able to go down to Baltimore to be with my family for Thanksgiving, guess it will be just me, myself and I. I'm looking at it as a lazy four-day weekend since I don't have to do all that driving! For reasons a few of you know, I would like to have been with them more than ever this year since we suffered a passing in our tiny family (not Covid related) in February and I haven't been able to visit since then. But better for all of us to be safe and we'll zoom on Turkey Day.
    I'll make a pumpkin pie for myself (yes, I'll probably eat the whole thing by weekend's end and I feel no shame about it! LOL!). But I'm going to treat myself and order a turkey dinner with all the fixins' from a wonderful local family-owned market in my town. Ordering enough so I can have leftovers. I'll just have to heat it all up.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    yes, it will be cooked and frozen.
    also bringing some home made red sauce
    and a chicken, rice, broccoli casserole
    all frozen and wrapped in an insulated bag and wrapped in newspaper in the middle of my checked bag.

my understanding is raw meat is not allowed.
    Cool, guess we might bring a few things also. Sorry to go off topic

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaGrn View Post
    Since it doesn't look like I'll be able to go down to Baltimore to be with my family for Thanksgiving, guess it will be just me, myself and I. I'm looking at it as a lazy four-day weekend since I don't have to do all that driving! For reasons a few of you know, I would like to have been with them more than ever this year since we suffered a passing in our tiny family (not Covid related) in February and I haven't been able to visit since then. But better for all of us to be safe and we'll zoom on Turkey Day.
    I'll make a pumpkin pie for myself (yes, I'll probably eat the whole thing by weekend's end and I feel no shame about it! LOL!). But I'm going to treat myself and order a turkey dinner with all the fixins' from a wonderful local family-owned market in my town. Ordering enough so I can have leftovers. I'll just have to heat it all up.

Sorry to hear of your loss and it is so different for many this year except for those who thinks it’s a hoax. Sounds like you have it covered to make the best of it with a yummy dinner! Hopefully it will be much better next year and we can all have our lives back!
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Walt here in off topic is ok
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just got home from bringing groceries to our friend in BelAir and paying a few of his bills.
    While there I felt like my tongue was on fire and as I spoke there was much pain and some "weird drool".
    My throat was raging sore in just a matter of minutes and the edge of my tongue on both sides has chancre-like sores on the sides.
    While there I rinsed my mouth with warm water and salt, stopped at Walgreens on the way home and got some Listerine.

Urgent care tomorrow morning.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Just got home from bringing groceries to our friend in BelAir and paying a few of his bills.
    While there I felt like my tongue was on fire and as I spoke there was much pain and some "weird drool".
    My throat was raging sore in just a matter of minutes and the edge of my tongue on both sides has chancre-like sores on the sides.
    While there I rinsed my mouth with warm water and salt, stopped at Walgreens on the way home and got some Listerine.

Urgent care tomorrow morning.
    That doesn’t sound good and very weird it came on so suddenly! Hope Urgent Care can give you something to relieve it quickly.

1 0