This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid 19-AKA Corona virus

Post Thanks / Like
    Great news!
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post

Post Thanks / Like
    Wonderful news!

0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Terrific news. Thank God.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Back from MGH. The off topic piece is Tom got wonderful results on his scans. No new concerns and the area they were watching has resolved itself. Best news ever!! Saw very few people wearing masks; noticed that no one wanted to touch the elevator buttons and there was hand sanitizer everywhere. Briefly discussed concerns with the doctor about the Coronavirus and she indicated that there were just too many unknowns; which we knew.
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks All! It’s always a worry!

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

No hand sanitizer at CVS?

Or Walgreens or target etc...
    Make your own

(From WCVB )

Washing your hands vigorously with soap and water for at least 20 seconds is the
    best defense against the spread of infectious diseases like coronavirus, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.Second best is using a hand sanitizer, which is great for situations when you can't wash your hands. Unfortunately, many stores have sold out of sanitizer as fears about COVID-19 spread.
    For those who weren't able to buy a bottle at Target, Walmart or your favorite drug store, there's another option: Make your own.
    Home-made sanitizers, such as these versions in the Oregonianand the Verge, all share the same basic formula. Here are the ingredients:

• 1/3 cup of aloe vera gel
    • 2/3 cup of 99% isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol)
    • Mixing bowl
    • A spoon or whisk
    • A clean, empty container, like a plastic travel bottle or a pump bottle.

Simply stir the aloe vera gel and alcohol until they are well blended and then pour the mixture into the bottle.

Optional: Add a few drops of your favorite essential oil while mixing. It won't have any effect on the potency of your concoction, but it might make it smell nicer.
    That's all there is to it.
    The most important thing, according to the CDC, is to make sure the alcohol content is at least 60 percent.

2 1

Druif Beach, Divi Divi AI, Red Sail Sports, Black Pearl
    Post Thanks / Like
    Of course, nobody wants to be sick, but the dangers of the seasonal flu (based on numbers dying every year, not dramatized on mainstream media) are the larger worry - - if you are to worry. I don’t take the flu shot and there is no shot for this, so I hope I don’t get sick, but I’m not stuck to television listening to dramatic voices saying one person in a state somewhere got it. Oh my! If the seasonal flu update was carried on every channel (case by case) some would be breathing out of a brown bag. It’s unfortunate.

As for me, headed to Aruba next week. Has anyone noticed any changes in the traveler movement in the airport? Is there any extra screening or activity related to this that would add to travel time through the airport experience?
    Last edited by jabooty; 03-04-2020 at 12:53 PM.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Great news Peg!!!
    0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stop Traveling?

https://www.travelpulse.com/news/fea...Yw2YOHrGOhZQgs

take a minute or 2 to read this little blurb

and this
    Stop Traveling?
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 03-07-2020 at 10:16 AM.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    The struggle with our decision on whether or not to cancel stems from the communications we receive from MGH. Just yesterday we received a message stating we should not travel outside the US and to only do domestic travel if absolutely necessary. Additionally, they said to avoid movie theaters; family gatherings and even consider staying away from restaurants and prepared foods. We went to our local spot for lunch yesterday!!

I do appreciate the more positive reports some media outlets are providing.

0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Peg the decision is ultimately yours. You should take all of the advice you receive and consider it carefully. Of course Tom's well being is paramount and should weigh heavily on your decision. I'm really glad that Tom got good news and hope we see you in Aruba in May.

0 1