This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid 19-AKA Corona virus

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some of you know that I am a frequent cruiser. I just received a notice from Princess Cruises this afternoon. Diamond Princess is currently in Japan, and their cruise was supposed to end on Feb. 4. 273 were recently tested, after showing symptoms. Of those 273, 31 results came back. Of the 31 results, 10 tested positive. All passengers have now been quantined to their cabins for at least two weeks. My first thought was wondering if most people had enough medicine to last them two more weeks, or possibly longer. Also, if we were confined to our cabins that long, my hubby would probably go crazy, which would make me go crazy in the process. I imediately looked on a cruise forum that I follow and did find one passenger who is posting. He said that the staff came around and asked for a list of everyone's medicines, and have put in a request to have that ordered. All meals are being deliverd to their rooms. The poor staff is going to be worked to death. I'll post updates as I hear them.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope they can contain this so it doesn't become a pandemic.

Post Thanks / Like
    You have to wonder if China is reporting suspected cases and deaths properly. Keeping our fingers crossed.
    Sean and Susan
    [Countdown=12/01/2013 2:30 AM;]I'm finally there]Count down:[/Countdown]
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    That was my 1st thought as well when this started to break....fingers crossed is right.

Quote Originally Posted by crimms View Post
    You have to wonder if China is reporting suspected cases and deaths properly. Keeping our fingers crossed.
    Sean and Susan

Post Thanks / Like
    We are in Vegas now. The Venetian, where we are staying, always has hotel decorations and events for the Chinese New Year. It’s a very popular time for Asian tourists. I wondered what the crowds would be like. There is a noticeable decrease in the crowds and very few people wearing masks. Even at Boston Logan Airport yesterday I only saw one person wearing a mask. Hopefully they will be successful in containing the virus

Post Thanks / Like
    Ten more people have tested positive on the ship and are being taken to a hospital. I'm on the beach with spotty wifi so I'll post more information later.

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I got another PR message from Princess this morning. They are allowing people without balconies 1 1/2 hr. of supervised fresh air outings. The guests must wear masks and gloves when outside the cabin. Princess has expanded their movie selection, are providing audio books, cards and games, and some types of arts and crafts to each cabin. I'm following a guy named David on social media. He is in a balcony cabin. He's making videos. He's a diabetic and posted yesterday that he hadn't received any food in 18 hrs. and was concerned that he might go into a diabetic coma. Many concerned viewers contacted Prncess on his behalf, including a reporter for the Washington Post. They sent some yogurt and other foods to his room, but he can't have dairy, so they sent him 4 rolls. Food is being provided regularly today. He received boiled eggs and fruit this morning, but they haven't had any type of a hot beverage since yeterday. He believes that Princess is doing the best that they can, under these unchartered circumstances.

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    When we boarded the Liberty on Monday, at check in all personnel was masked and gloves. First question asked were we inChina or with anyone who had been in China for last 21 days. No and No.
    I wonder what Disney is doing. They have about 4% mainland China visitors a day.
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I honestly could lose my mind trapped on a boat....in a single room for weeks at a time. Talk about feeling trapped...it makes me nervous just thinking about it and I am not a nervous person.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crimms View Post
    Sean and Susan
    I just read on a cruise forum that there was a doctor in China that predicted this back in December ( a whistle blower ) and was silenced. There are also reports that he just died of the virus ( caught from patients), but I haven't vetted this information.

0 0