This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast

Thread: Covid 19-AKA Corona virus

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I found out a bit more:
    1 patient is hospitalized, good condition, moderate symptoms.
    1 patient is home quarantined 14 days , very mild symptoms.
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Mods feel free to move if a more relevant thread exists. I look to this board often for your infinite wisdom of all things Aruba. It looks like most are booked in April or later. But, here I am a lot closer to departure date!

I have to say we are living in a strange, unchartered time. My wife is booked to fly out next Saturday 3/21 with girlfriends and my son and I are booked to fly out on 3/27 to meet her down there, flying back to US on 4/2. I was fairly confident, up until yesterday, that we would go as planned. Now today, I have no idea what to do. The counties that we live and work in have 0 cases both diagnosed and presumptive as of last report. We are fairly "spatial distance" (LOL) people in our daily lives anyway. So the chances of contracting are minimized but wow the what-ifs have gotten to me today. Obviously, the biggest is what if one of us starts showing symptoms while there - then you're quarantined and unable to fly home. Also, there's the whole socially /morally correct thing to do....is it really prudent to go as a potential carrier of the virus that has no symptoms? And then, hey, the decision may be made for us either by US or Aruban authorities.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    We too were ready to travel on March 16th until everything changed for us yesterday. We became concerned when 2 cases were confirmed. All the “what if’s” ran thru our heads. We don’t want to scramble to get home or be quarantined. We’re over the age of 60 and can travel at any time. We cancelled this morning . It’s a personal decision only you can make. Good luck.
    1 2

Post Thanks / Like
    We are also scheduled to fly there on March 21st from Ohio, through Charlotte. I keep watching the airlines and this board to see if we should go or not. We are keeping ourselves out of the general public as much as possible just to ensure we do not accidentally bring something to Aruba. The what-ifs are definitely going around and around in my head and things are changing so rapidly that it's hard to know what to do. I'm trying not to let fear beget fear, but it's difficult at times. As of right now, we are still planning to go unless Aruba closes its borders to the US or American Airlines decides to cancel the flight because not enough people are going to be on board. I do think it's a personal choice, but the media doesn't make it an easy one. It's very confusing and hard to know what to do from one minute to the next.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I just read Trump suggested no optional travel. He also said he is considering domestic travel restrictions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Encore Boston Harbor has announced it is closing for 2 weeks starting tomorrow, March 15th.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    I just read Trump suggested no optional travel. He also said he is considering domestic travel restrictions.
    Jay, did you cancel your trip?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Pegmeister yes i saw where the state gaming commission shut down all gaming.

i think based on todays press conference our fate is sealed for our currently booked trip.... now for the planning of when to re-book?!?!?!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I did Peg...way to stressful to consider going. We made the final decision the other day before they even announced anything.
    Last edited by Aruba4ever; 03-14-2020 at 02:26 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    For those that want to keep their travel plans. Please do yourself a favor and reprice your air. It would be beneficial to cancel and rebook leaving the extra money in your travel bank for a later date. We canceled and sadly only have a travel credit and could not get our cash back from Jetblue...we have 3700 total between the 3 of us. If I booked today for the same air it would be less than 1900 total. That said I am not going anyplace till this settles down.