This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid 19-AKA Corona virus

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just saw a post that Anthem of the Seas, a Royal Caribbean ship is docking in Bayonne, NJ today, with 12 Chinese nationals in quarantine, with symptoms. The update says that they will have an announcement this afternoon, but had said that they plan for the next group of passengers to board today. I can't imagine that the CDC is going to turn all of the other passengers loose on Newark and NYC. Let's hope not. We cruised out of Bayonne last August. For anyone not familiar with the area, it's just a hop, skip, and a jump from NYC. We stayed in Manhatten.
    Last edited by hatteras; 02-07-2020 at 11:18 AM.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Anthem of the Seas, is the 8th largest ship in the world. It can hold over 4180 passengers double occupancy (4908 total capacity) plus 760 crew members.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think EVERYONE on that boat should be in quarantine....saying some prayers for our forum friends who are out an about on a boat currently- I will be honest I am not sure I could relax on any boat right now.

Quote Originally Posted by hatteras View Post
    I just saw a post that Anthem of the Seas, a Royal Caribbean ship is docking in Bayonne, NJ today, with 12 Chinese nationals in quarantine, with symptoms. The update says that they will have an announcement this afternoon, but had said that they plan for the next group of passengers to board today. I can't imagine that the CDC is going to turn all of the other passengers loose on Newark and NYC. Let's hope not. We cruised out of Bayonne last August. For anyone not familiar with the area, it's just a hop, skip, and a jump from NYC. We stayed in Manhatten.

Post Thanks / Like
    We met up today with clients of Stu's who came in on a cruise ship. They said the first two days they could not self serve at the buffet lines. They make everyone wash their hands going into the dining areas.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Paul and I got off the ship today with head colds.
    We are feeling a bit punk.
    Stuff spreads very quickly onboard....close quarters!

I still believe that flu is just as bad if not worse.

Ever slot machine I played I wiped down with a Clorox wipe.
    People looked at me like I was a freak.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 02-08-2020 at 09:32 AM. Reason: always my arthritic fingers don't type well
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    The flu is nasty....I went home Friday from work and spent most of Friday, Sat, Sunday and Monday in bed trying to recover. I am hoping this all blows over quickly....I heard the US was making plans if there was a pandemic....that word is not something I want to become overly familiar with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Paul and I got off the ship today with head colds.
    We are feeling a bit punk.
    Stuff spreads very quickly hoard....close quarters!

I still believe that flu is just as bad if not worse.

Ever slot machine I played I wiped down with a Clorox wipe.
    People looked at me like I was a freak.

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope everyone feels better!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    We met up today with clients of Stu's who came in on a cruise ship. They said the first two days they could not self serve at the buffet lines. They make everyone wash their hands going into the dining areas.
    Everyone should wash their hands anyway, regardless of a flu outbreak.

0 1

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was beginning to feel like the voice of doom on this thread, so I decided not to post unless I learned something significant. The Princess ship now has 120 passengers and crew members that have contracted the virus. Their quarantine is supposed to end on the 19th, and they haven't learned if it will be extended as more people catch it. Some of them are going stir crazy.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    That is a scary number of people and it has doubled in 4 days time.
    Quote Originally Posted by hatteras View Post
    I was beginning to feel like the voice of doom on this thread, so I decided not to post unless I learned something significant. The Princess ship now has 120 passengers and crew members that have contracted the virus. Their quarantine is supposed to end on the 19th, and they haven't learned if it will be extended as more people catch it. Some of them are going stir crazy.
    Last edited by Aruba4ever; 02-10-2020 at 03:54 PM.