This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Craziness

Post Thanks / Like

Craziness

I live in a fairly quiet city of 60,000 people over 69 sq miles. Yes, there are two or three places in town that I would not venture into at night, but generally, we have no real issues. But this week we have been the top story in the news twice and none of it was in the bad sections of the city. First as I posted earlier in the week, a house exploded. Thankfully, everyone who was at home survived and will be fine. Most of the pets also survived, one died and a few are still missing-they think the fostered pets ran off.

Yesterday morning around 5-530, someone stole a backhoe and went on a rampage about 2.5 miles from us. He hit several homes in a nice, quiet 55+ community of manufactured homes doing extensive damage to several, and may have hit a nearby school(unconfirmed). Police were called and an ambulance also responded. The man rammed a woman in her car as she tried to go to work on a main road. Rammed at least police car, flipped a police and the ambulance, before, it seems like it headed back into the 55+ community and headed for a house where the police shot and killed the unnamed male. Three police officers were treated for injuries. There is still a lot the police, county prosecutor's office and attorney general's office is not saying, but social media has more pictures and video than the media.

I know someone in the 55+ community and her family said she is terrified because she lives alone, does not have a good command of English(from Russia) and was awoken to the sounds of shouting, a backhoe and gunfire. Her home is okay, but the police shooting was less than a block away. I also worked with the woman who owns the home on the main road where one of the police vehicles was sitting on its side from being turned over by the backhoe.

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/20...orney-general/
    https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...ersey/3082719/
    https://6abc.com/crash-vineland-ambu...-suv/11355798/

Post Thanks / Like
    That’s a lot to take in and I really have no words. It seems to be happening everywhere.

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately, there is a lot of mental illness in this country that seems to go without treatment. I am so sorry.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry Robin that situation is beyond scary. The world is going crazy one person at a time.
    Just Booked trip 36- Trip report starting in June.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Robin, so sorry. Many contributing factors to the issues we are facing today but I do agree that one is untreated mental illness. Hugs to you!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    They have yet to reveal who the driver was and why it happened. It made the CBS national news tonight. Everyone is pretty shocked around it. Stuff like this just doesn't happen here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Insane!!
    Sean and Susan
    [Countdown=12/01/2013 2:30 AM;]I'm finally there]Count down:[/Countdown]
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw the backhoe story on the CBS evening news. People are nuts.
    Darlene
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I too saw it in Boston last night on the news- maybe you are in Boston as well.

Quote Originally Posted by purpleangel View Post
    I saw the backhoe story on the CBS evening news. People are nuts.
    Just Booked trip 36- Trip report starting in June.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Aruba4ever - I'm in CT.
    Darlene
    1 0