This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cruise Dec. 24-Jan. 10

Post Thanks / Like
    Someday we will do a world cruise, but not yet. Stu has to retire first and we need to save more, a lot more $$$.

On this cruise there are about 350 doing the 136 day World Cruise and another 350 will join them in LA. About 200 cancelled when they cancelled Hawaii, Australia and New Zealand.Some of these people are doing it for the second or third time. I just can't imagine it-it is incredibly expensive. We did meet one couple who was on the World Cruise when covid started. They got lots of credit and are trying it again.

Here are a few pictures mostly of the ship.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/EhtY2fv7XYUFGAKY8
    Last edited by robin; 12-28-2021 at 12:28 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great photos! I like seeing the photos of the ship. Looks cosy and comfortable!

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    love the photos!!
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? sidtm
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice photos
    Just finished trip 36 and have trip 37 Booked.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Today was a sea day. My facial was cancelled as they needed to sanitize the whole spa since there is more Covid. They also closed all hot tubs and the buffet is no longer self serve. Some talks are now on Viking TV rather than in the theater. We walked, Stu worked and I read. We went to “tea” this afternoon. Very laid back day. We watched the port talk on the TV. Then just before dinner Columbia changed their Covid protocols so we now have another day at sea. Before we left home Nicaragua shut down so 2 out of six ports are not happening. We are okay because we really are here to go through the canal. We are hoping that they do some compensation for the missed ports. We are still having fun.

Post Thanks / Like
    In these challenging times about all you can do is be flexible. It makes a huge difference in how much you can enjoy your trip. Sounds like there is still enough for you to do and I’m glad that you are able to have fun.

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    the port taxes for the cancelled ports will be refunded, I am sure.
    as far as compensation for those missed ports, who knows.

we have already had 2 of our ports of call cancelled for our Feb cruise .........I expect no compensation, except for refund of port taxes.
    the fine print allows them to cancel ports of call stops for extraordinary reasons. they may throw us $100 more on OBC.

I was pretty excited about our Grand Cayman stop. I love GC and love swimming with the sting rays. (in actuality standing there while they swarm)

how is the mask wearing going onboard?
    do folks comply at all indoor settings?

cannot wait to see photos of your transit thru the canal.
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? sidtm
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Great pictures Robin. Thanks for sharing!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We spent the day mostly just sitting in the ocean 50 miles off the coast of Panama or very slowly moving toward Colon. It was beautiful and hot. No breezes like in Aruba, but you burn just as easy-trust me. I wanted some color, but red wasn't the color I wanted. Glad I brought some Aruba Aloe After Sun along. We headed to the infinity pool before lunch and pretty much was there until after 4 when we headed back to the room to clean up and watch the port talk that was held earlier in the day. They let us dock at 7 pm tonight instead of waiting for the am. We stopped before 6 for the pilot to come on. We saw on our side of the ship, at least 36 vessels waiting. I know there were more on the other side. Did some laundry today and some socializing. Yes, people are very good about wearing masks indoors and many wear them outdoors on the walking deck, too. We are one of the younger couples on this ship, with I am guessing the average age in the early to mid 70s because it is part of the world cruise and you can't really be working and do the world cruise.

No new covid cases today and several of the close contacts have been released from isolation. I hope it continues to improve.

Tomorrow we are doing a train ride from the Atlantic to the Pacific that runs along the original rail line built before the canal opened.

Post Thanks / Like
    Gorgeous photos! You are definitely a world traveler! My husband wants to go on a Viking cruise one day but I am not a “ship/out to sea” person. Would not deal well rocky waters well since I am not a swimmer. Do most of your Viking cruises travel in calm waters or no? Enjoy!!! So glad you are not allowing all the Covid scares to get in the way of your trip.
    0 0