This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Discovery+

Post Thanks / Like

Discovery+

Anybody got Discovery+? We do, and we just finished Steven (act1966) and Jeff's search for a place in Aruba. It is really cold here today so we are searching Caribbean Life for Aruba shows... while it spits snow outside.

0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    I actually have their show recorded. It's one we enjoyed watching when we were searching for properties.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Ha! That is SO FUNNY that you posted this because I have spent the past two nights doing exactly this! I have watched all the episodes about Aruba and have moved on to Bonaire and Curacao too! I was actually just looking at tourism info on Bonaire and what it would take to move there too. Looks about the same requirements as Aruba. I gotta find a better job than I have now, but to be able to move to one of the ABC islands would be A-MAZING!
    Pictures from our Oct 2020 trip: https://photos.app.goo.gl/TGHm1uumCXGEkEHv5

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I always think of them singing "we love Aruba, but we don't like to Scuba" on that episode. I am in touch with Stephen occasionally. They have chosen to ride out the pandemic at their house in Aruba.
    The best trip is the next trip. Anxiously waiting to book something.
    2 4

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    I always think of them singing "we love Aruba, but we don't like to Scuba" on that episode. I am in touch with Stephen occasionally. They have chosen to ride out the pandemic at their house in Aruba.
    Nice!

Post Thanks / Like
    We're digitally immortal!
    0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    We're digitally immortal!
    Yes you are!

0 0

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good afternoon,

We absolutely love Caribbean Life, and love it even more when Aruba is featured. We also like seeing home-hunting ventures on Bonaire and Curacao.

Our first order of business when we watch an Aruba home-hunting episode is searching for the a/c.

Here's question. Do you find when a couple has decided to move to AUA, (or anywhere else, but let's confine our comments here to Aruba) one of the couple is a little hesitant or more cautious and the other may be a bit more eager? That's what I see.

Have a great weekend.

Glenn
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Good afternoon,

We absolutely love Caribbean Life, and love it even more when Aruba is featured. We also like seeing home-hunting ventures on Bonaire and Curacao.

Our first order of business when we watch an Aruba home-hunting episode is searching for the a/c.

Here's question. Do you find when a couple has decided to move to AUA, (or anywhere else, but let's confine our comments here to Aruba) one of the couple is a little hesitant or more cautious and the other may be a bit more eager? That's what I see.

Have a great weekend.

Glenn
    In real life or on the show?

In real life, probably although we were pretty much on the same page, except I wanted to see more options just to be sure.

On the shows, who knows what is real and what they do to make it more interesting. Less than a year after we purchased the condo, there was a post on here-I think Jackie posted it, from one of the shows looking for people interested in purchasing or who purchased in the past 9 months. How real can it be if they are willing to do the show based on a previous purchase? If it had been before we purchased, we probably would have done it, but 9 months out, I already had the place painted, bedding replaced and art hung on the walls. All our friends and family would have known it wasn't real and most of all we would have known it wasn't real. So if they are willing to fake the hunt, then they will probably fake the rest of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    All of those shows are scripted and most require an advance purchase. Robin, Stephen outlines his experience here: Ever Been On An HGTV Show?

0 0