This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Elections

Post Thanks / Like

Elections

I was having a conversation with my son who just moved to Ill. He said they do not have elections there this November. In NJ we have elections for state government, county government and school board along with a public question. I thought every state had some type of election every November. Is your state voting this year? We actually voted by mail because we will be out of town on election day and are not sure we will be home early enough to make it to the polls.

One more question, It's a "what would you do" question. If a relative, a cousin, is running for a state government office but their views are not your views do you stick with family and vote for them or do you vote for the other person who's views are similar to your views? I've already voted, but either way my choice seemed wrong.

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    our state has a November election ...and we are voting by mail.

you can let that relative "think" he/she got your vote.............voting is always PRIVATE.
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, my cousin(actually my cousin's son) won about 53% of the vote. Happy for him but not happy for me. It's weird to know that the kid who I babysat and who's diapers I changed is now a state senator.

0 0