This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: FB Aruba Group gone to Hell

  1. #1
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    36,947
    Post Thanks / Like

    FB Aruba Group gone to Hell

    If anyone knows how to contact a person named David St Germain who was the moderator/founder of the FB group " Aruba- one really happy island", please post.

    His FB page that he created had gone to the dogs...........

    David St Germain apparently has deactivated his FB account and the FB group has now turned into something "Not Aruba".



    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0
     

  2. #2
    Senior Member robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Oceania, north side
    Posts
    3,391
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is awful what is happening. I tried to see who was moderating and there was no one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    If anyone knows how to contact a person named David St Germain who was the moderator/founder of the FB group " Aruba- one really happy island", please post.

    His FB page that he created had gone to the dogs...........

    David St Germain apparently has deactivated his FB account and the FB group has now turned into something "Not Aruba".

  3. #3
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    5,452
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow..... I couldn't believe it.... so much BS..... it's just not supposed to be the platform for politics....
    0 0
     

  4. #4
    Senior Member robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Oceania, north side
    Posts
    3,391
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cpjones View Post
    Wow..... I couldn't believe it.... so much BS..... it's just not supposed to be the platform for politics....
    I think it all started with someone who took a political flag/banner to Aruba and hung it on the balcony of their room and posted a picture of it.

  5. #5
    Senior Member schexc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Pearl at Eagle Beach
    Posts
    2,280
    Post Thanks / Like
    I happened to look at it the other day as a Facebook non-member and it just reminded me why I'm a non-member...







    OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 1
     

  6. #6
    Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    640
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rhetorical question...but What in the world is wrong with people? I mean really.

    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    I think it all started with someone who took a political flag/banner to Aruba and hung it on the balcony of their room and posted a picture of it.


    0 0
     

  7. #7
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    36,947
    Post Thanks / Like
    so many are OUT OF THEIR MINDS during "normal times"
    but I forget what are normal times .
    add in the "political situation" and Covid and it is a very scary place.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bri View Post
    Rhetorical question...but What in the world is wrong with people? I mean really.



    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0
     

  8. #8
    Super Moderator WaltVB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Surf Club
    Posts
    5,126
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is exactly the reason I don't do facebook. Way too many jerks.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Pegmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Any beach!!
    Posts
    6,535
    Post Thanks / Like
    I’ve never joined Facebook but I am nosy so I had to take a look. It really is odd that there are all the political posts. The more people protested the more it became a whole lot less about Aruba. I’m okay with not ever having joined Facebook.

    0 0
     

  10. #10
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    36,947
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a love/hate relationship with FB.
    I love being able to see my long ago friends and family members.
    I love seeing the grandkids and their activities.
    I hate the racism the meanness and the hatred.
    I delete and block the morons.

    The Aruba FB groups....sometimes they are helpful, but usually not.
    They are not categorized so it takes MUCH searching to find something that is of interest.



    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    I’ve never joined Facebook but I am nosy so I had to take a look. It really is odd that there are all the political posts. The more people protested the more it became a whole lot less about Aruba. I’m okay with not ever having joined Facebook.



    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 1
     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •