This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Finally Getting Some Help!

Post Thanks / Like

Finally Getting Some Help!

Just a quick update on Ms Daisy. She has improved tremendously far beyond what was expected. She can now get up on her own and walk with the aide of a walker between living room to bathroom, bedroom. She can bathe on her own. She even walked a few time without the walker but the nurse said not to let her do that too much because she can fall if she starts to feel pain or her muscle become weak in her leg. She also bathes on her own without the shower bench but I had Management install the grab bars.

All this improvement without any home attendant for 5 months.

Oct 2018 she was approved for MLTC by Medicaid Nurse. November 2018 MLTC company Nurse determined 5 hours of home care 7 days a week. Paperwork was sent to Medicaid office so that MLTC company could complete enrollment. It was declined because her Medicaid recertification for 2019 was pending review even though she was active until 12-31-18. Jan 13th recertification was approved by Medicaid so MLTC sent them the enrollment paperwork again. It was declined! The assessment Medicaid did in October was good for 75 days and expired January 9th 2019 so a new assessment was required. I called the Medicaid office to start the process all over again and a nurse came end of January and approved her again for MLTC. January 31st, MLTC company sent paperwork to Medicaid and they finally approved it today meeting the February 20th deadline for home care effective 3/1/19. Otherwise if they would have approved after the 20th, home care would have to start 4/1/19.

What a journey!

On the bright side, my employer did let me work from home full time for 5 months taking care of Ms Daisy. I learned to cook ribs, rice, lasagna and other items very well. I kept a clean kitchen, apartment, did laundry, the works. The one thing I missed was cleaning the oven. LOL As soon as Ms Daisy gained the strength to walk without walker, she went into the kitchen and inspected the oven. Did she let me have it! LOL. I'm gonna have the home attendant do that as I did all the hard work when she couldn't walk on her own to bathroom or bathe on her own, getting her out of bed.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers! Thanks Andrea for that time I nearly lost it on Face book venting and you steered me back to the clear path. You really have to stay on top of things and push people in this system to get anything done. Looking forward to nice vacation in Aruba in May especially with home attendant in place..

0 6

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am glad your mom is doing better.
    The Medicaid route is slow and painful.
    What if your mom had no one advocating for her ?

i hope a home health aid can be lined up soon.

God bless her ... and you too for always doing what is right.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great job to you as well as Ms. Daisy, you both have worked very hard. Continued progress and health to Ms. Daisy. Most ovens clean themselves by the way (lol) Sounds like you are becoming a great cook!

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Ace, it’s so nice to hear of Ms Daisy’s improvement. You have been her God send. What a good son!!

0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to hear that Ms. Daisy has improved and got approval. Kudos to you for being such a wonderful and supportive son! They (medicaid) really don’t make it easy when people really need help, but I’m glad it all worked out.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad that Miss Daisy is doing well, I was thinking about her just today actually!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DiviDiviFan View Post
    Great job to you as well as Ms. Daisy, you both have worked very hard. Continued progress and health to Ms. Daisy. Most ovens clean themselves by the way (lol) Sounds like you are becoming a great cook!
    I heard that a lot that the new ovens clean themselves. Unfortunately the apartment complex I live at supplied us with an old oven so I have to buy a spray or something to clean it. Even when the oven breaks down and it has over the years, they just put in a refurbished old oven that they paint up to look new.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I am glad she is doing better. You are fortunate to have a flexible employer. Your mom is lucky to have you to take care of her. You are a great son to her. I guess you do not have any siblings to help out.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    So glad Ms. Daisy is feeling better, Ace! You are a good son. How come a pretty lady hasn't snagged you yet????
    Darlene
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm glad to hear that she is doing better!
    0 0