This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Finally Getting Some Help!

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    we are in off topic so I will go off topic a bit........
    amazon has oven liners that you place on the floor of your oven under the heating element.
    the one that I have has a copper-like finish.
    when stuff drips down onto this , the oven liner is then removed and wiped clean.
    then it goes back in!

racks........ take them out, put them in a leaf/garden waste plastic bag.
    pour in half bottle of ammonia.
    tie bag closed tight.
    let it sit outside (porch patio wherever) for a day or 2.
    then hose the racks off and all baked on crud disappears.
    in a WELL VENTED AREA!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to hear Ms. Daisy is getting along well Ace. What dates in May will you be in Aruba?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    I am glad she is doing better. You are fortunate to have a flexible employer. Your mom is lucky to have you to take care of her. You are a great son to her. I guess you do not have any siblings to help out.
    I have siblings but my oldest brother lives in the west coast Seattle Washington. The youngest brother lives 3 hours from my house in upstate NY. He helped out a little here and there. Then there is this lady who Ms Daisy helped raised when her parents came to this country from Ecuador who has been helping me in every way especially with cleaning. Unfortunately, her Mother In Law passed away so her and her hubby took off to Japan the end of January and will be back mid-March. Yes my employer/Manager is very flexible. It pays off to be a very loyal, responsible and high performance employee. If it were someone else, they would not have granted as much work from home time. We do have a work from home program in place for all employees which ranges from 2 to 3 days a week but I haven't stepped into the office since First half of Sep 2018. I did go in last Thursday because it was required for my annual evaluation which has to be done in person and I was given a very high performance review. They said I was the top dog and I said Top Gun like Tom Cruise? LOL

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Glad to hear Ms. Daisy is getting along well Ace. What dates in May will you be in Aruba?
    Walt, I'm going for my birthday God Willing May 18th-25th.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    we are in off topic so I will go off topic a bit........
    amazon has oven liners that you place on the floor of your oven under the heating element.
    the one that I have has a copper-like finish.
    when stuff drips down onto this , the oven liner is then removed and wiped clean.
    then it goes back in!

racks........ take them out, put them in a leaf/garden waste plastic bag.
    pour in half bottle of ammonia.
    tie bag closed tight.
    let it sit outside (porch patio wherever) for a day or 2.
    then hose the racks off and all baked on crud disappears.
    in a WELL VENTED AREA!!
    Good tips Andrea! What about the side walls of the oven? Do I get some spray. I think that's what needs the most cleaning. I need to clean the fridge too! Now that it's almost empty I see it needs cleaning and could clean it up a bit before restocking food this weekend.

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    you'll have to use "easy off" of something like that on the side walls.

when we moved here to florida 1 yrs ago, our first house had a wonderful "wall oven".
    it was pretty awesome and a great height.
    it was not til we were in the house for about 6 months that I noticed there was no self clean feature.

Paul's job is cleaning the fridge..........want me to send him your way for the weekend.
    you can use his refrigerator skills and I could use some "me time".

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by purpleangel View Post
    So glad Ms. Daisy is feeling better, Ace! You are a good son. How come a pretty lady hasn't snagged you yet????
    Well going off off topic, back in 2009 I thought I found the one I would settle down with. We dated steady from 2009 to 2011 and we had a lot of fun and where even planning a trip to Aruba together. Then things went south and we broke up! She had a lot of problems with family, a high school son she was raising on her own who was getting into a lot of trouble. Ms Daisy was relieved because she didn't like her at all. LOL I was depressed, hurt, disappointed for a few years. Last I spoke to her was 2012 but I heard she got married in 2013 and had another son. There really hasn't been any one else since except a date here and there but I just lost interest, been busy with work, my own health issues, Ms Daisy etc.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    We will be there till the 20th and we must get together for adult beverages, perhaps Nos Clubhuis?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    We will be there till the 20th and we must get together for adult beverages, perhaps Nos Clubhuis?
    Sounds like a good plan Walt.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quick update! Home attendant started yesterday 3/1/19 and she is awesome! She is temp though Friday-Sun for this weekend and the perm one starts on Monday. I wish I could keep her because she is awesome! She left the kitchen spotless as well as the bathroom, living room, washed and folded ms daisy clothe, feed her etc. I had a flood in my bathroom last weekend and everything was fixed just yesterday so the apartment was a mess and this home attendant was a god send.

Looking forward to my Aruba trip!

0 2