This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Finally Getting Some Help!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hoping the perm helper will be just as good, most likely will be sounds like they are thru a good service. Good Luck!

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    there are so many older folks like ms daisy who WANT to remain at home instead of going into a nursing home.

medicaid would be wise and would save tons of $$ and save many lives by paying for the home health workers ...giving these folks the opportunity to spend their later years .

it seems like medicaid is very willing to pay for nursing homes........... $ THOUSANDS $

if the people are healthy enough to remain at home and there is the proper help , then it is a win win........happy clients, medicaid savings, letting the clients remain in their homes happy and content!!

Post Thanks / Like
    So glad to hear you have some awesome help! Glad to hear Ms. Daisy is doing better as well.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    there are so many older folks like ms daisy who WANT to remain at home instead of going into a nursing home.

medicaid would be wise and would save tons of $$ and save many lives by paying for the home health workers ...giving these folks the opportunity to spend their later years .

it seems like medicaid is very willing to pay for nursing homes........... $ THOUSANDS $

if the people are healthy enough to remain at home and there is the proper help , then it is a win win........happy clients, medicaid savings, letting the clients remain in their homes happy and content!!
    Good point Andrea and I have heard a lot of Nursing home bad stories. There was this Officer in my company who's mother developed Alzheimer. She had her home with home care and her husband who was retired. She got much worst and the nursing home was the best option. For many though that still have their marbles and just a little limited, being home is the best. When Ms Daisy was in skilled nursing facility for 20 days for rehab, I was very stressed out on account that I was there non stop every day and sometimes twice a day. I also made my brother go there a few days a week during the late evenings. You have to stay on top of what is going on. One day my Mother said they let her fall when she went to the bathroom. She had a tag on her bed that she was weak and subject to fall but the aide just wheel her to the bathroom and came back later to find her on the floor. Another time I drop in during my lunch break and saw they had her in the hall walking with the walker, telling her to keep moving that they got her and the aide was just holding on to the back of her t shirt with her fingers. The PT had told me earlier that day that her knees would buckle and so someone had to follow behind her in a wheel chair whenever they exercised her with the walker. It was just the aide, no wheel chair. I ran to the room to get the wheel chair. When I raced back to a few feet from the hall, she was about to buckle and I had the seat in back of her and she just feel on it. I was so pissed that day! I went over to the head nurse to complain and asked her why the aide didn't ask for assistance or have a wheel chair in back of her as per the PT instructions. She said there were no such instructions. I told her I personally spoke to the PT a few days ago. She looked it up in the computer and said I was right and would make sure all aides, nurses were aware. In other words, there is a big lack of communication at these nursing homes and a lot of relatives only visit once in a while so they take the attitude of well if their families don't care then neither should we. I was there every day to make sure there were no foul ups!

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    and there ya go.................Ms Daisy is safe in her own home!!!