This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Fluff Money Jar

  1. #1
    Senior Member Laura in NH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    399
    Post Thanks / Like

    Fluff Money Jar

    As soon as I get home from Aruba each year I start filling my jar. I put all change in here at the end of each day. This is my "fluff' money that is outside of my normal vacation fund. This is what I have in case I want something - food, jewelry, souvenir, a pull or two on a slot machine- anything, that just seems a little too much, yet I can't stop thinking about it. Sometimes I spend it, sometimes I don't. It's for the extra thing that I just really want. Anyway... thanks to Covid, I didn't get out much this year which means not as much in my fluff jar, but, it's something!

    Just got back from cashing in the coins. Any guesses as to how much is in there?? Soda can for scale.

    Fluff Money Jar-5167e71a-7b44-4ee0-b6e6-42c00a718b25-jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fluff Money Jar-5167e71a-7b44-4ee0-b6e6-42c00a718b25-jpg  
    ​Laura from NH/Divi Village

    0 1
     

  2. #2
    Senior Member Pegmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Any beach!!
    Posts
    7,696
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fluff Money Jar, love it! I also can relate as I have a large ceramic piggy bank that I made 40+ years ago that we have always thrown our change into. Usually, we would have a few hundred in change but not this year. We would always cashed in the change for extra for our Vegas trips.

    Oh, and my guess is $6.20

    0 1
     

  3. #3
    Senior Member LisaGrn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    1,571
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have one too! I hate carrying around change so just throw it all in a large glass container and cash it in before Aruba. Hmmm, can't remember now what it came out to be but since it was two years' worth of change I think it was over $150. I was shocked!

    I'm guessing around $25. I see a good number of quarters in there!


    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Fluff Money Jar, love it! I also can relate as I have a large ceramic piggy bank that I made 40+ years ago that we have always thrown our change into. Usually, we would have a few hundred in change but not this year. We would always cashed in the change for extra for our Vegas trips.

    Oh, and my guess is $6.20
    0 3
     

  4. #4
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    40,237
    Post Thanks / Like
    we have no fluff jar. ( but I do have a marshmallow fluff container in my pantry now)
    I said to Paul how come we have no change?

    Our change goes to the water machine at PUBLIX for our water cooler.
    We have a water cooler in the kitchen with 3 gallon jug on the top.
    Paul fills 10 of those every 3 weeks and the machine takes quarters and dimes.

    Florida water is truly undrinkable ...even for the pets.
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 1
     

  5. #5
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    6,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    ....my guess would be that's it's neve enough! My change always goes to my Grandson at Christmas time.... and I augment it with other funds now that he's getting older...... guess I just have a need to impress him with a good amount going into his college fund!
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the best of men!
    0 3
     

  6. #6
    Senior Member Laura in NH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    399
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    we have no fluff jar. ( but I do have a marshmallow fluff container in my pantry now)
    I said to Paul how come we have no change?

    Our change goes to the water machine at PUBLIX for our water cooler.
    We have a water cooler in the kitchen with 3 gallon jug on the top.
    Paul fills 10 of those every 3 weeks and the machine takes quarters and dimes.

    Florida water is truly undrinkable ...even for the pets.
    I had no idea about the water, but at least you can now have a fluffernutter!!!!!

    Are you going to venture a guess?
    ​Laura from NH/Divi Village

    0 0
     

  7. #7
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    6,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    11.42
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the best of men!
    0 1
     

  8. #8
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    40,237
    Post Thanks / Like
    $8.71

    I made whoopie pies and needed the fluff for one of the filling ingredients.

    Paul made a fluffernutter the other day and then I had to have one.
    OMG it was delicious..............Probably 30 years since we ate one.
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 1
     

  9. #9
    Senior Member Laura in NH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    399
    Post Thanks / Like
    ..... and the closest is Lisa.

    There was almost $80 in the jar, and after the coinstar fees, I walk away with $70 the fluff jar is a little bigger diameter than the can - maybe that threw you off?
    ​Laura from NH/Divi Village

    0 1
     

  10. #10
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    40,237
    Post Thanks / Like
    WOW that is good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laura in NH View Post
    ..... and the closest is Lisa.

    There was almost $80 in the jar, and after the coinstar fees, I walk away with $70 the fluff jar is a little bigger diameter than the can - maybe that threw you off?
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 0
     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •