This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thread: Free stuff- NOT

Post Thanks / Like

Free stuff- NOT

Okay, this is way off topic. I decided to post it here as I was ready to respond to another posting on another site and thought my posting would come off rather rude so I erased it....by here was my point. Somebody was talking about the Aruba costs of living/taxes etc being high but at least they had "free" healthcare paid for by social premiums.

I want to clear up the awful misconception that there is FREE healthcare anywhere in this world...or free college tuition for that matter. Who pays the costs? Social premiums, lol? Nope...who pays those social premiums? The people do....they are the same people that pay for any other social program out there....There is no such thing as a government that pays it...or companies to tax. People own companies and they themselves will pay part of the tax sure....but they pass that tax along to us in the form of higher prices, so again we the people pay not some company. Tax the ultra wealthy, lol- nope....That won't work for more reasons than I could ever type now..and no I dont fall in that class.

Just my 2cents.
    Last edited by Aruba4ever; 02-26-2020 at 08:22 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wish more people realized it that. I once heard someone say that the government can pay for stuff if they just print more money and use that to pay for stuff. The ignorant world that we live in.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    Okay, this is way off topic. I decided to post it here as I was ready to respond to another posting on another site and thought my posting would come off rather rude so I erased it....by here was my point. Somebody was talking about the Aruba costs of living/taxes etc being high but at least they had "free" healthcare paid for by social premiums.

I want to clear up the awful misconception that there is FREE healthcare anywhere in this world...or free college tuition for that matter. Who pays the costs? Social premiums, lol? Nope...who pays those social premiums? The people do....they are the same people that pay for any other social program out there....There is no such thing as a government that pays it...or companies to tax. People own companies and they themselves will pay part of the tax sure....but they pass that tax along to us in the form of higher prices, so again we the people pay not some company. Tax the ultra wealthy, lol- nope....That won't work for more reasons than I could ever type now..and now I dont fall in that class.

Just my 2cents.

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting conversation. When I was working I always encouraged my staff to attend the retirement planning seminars offered by the company. I had one women who told me she had no interest in attending and that she felt the government should take better care of their seniors. When she did retire she didn’t think it was fair to have to pay for Medicare Part B so she opted out. Unfortunately, she ended up in an awful financial mess because of health issues.

0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have received a few (3) pm referring to this post.
    No one objects to the posting but all have concerns that it could take a political turn.
    I agree with those that are concerned.
    Those of you that "know me" outside of this forum know that I am politically outspoken (very annoyingly so.)

This is one of the comments that I received..."Free speech is very important but this thread, by its political nature, could invite very strongly-held opinions. We know how that sometimes goes. "

So with much respect to Jay and all that have viewed and replied to this thread, I am sorry.......I am closing the thread....yes, even though we are in the Off Topic.
    I am sorry.
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    2 2