This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gas shortage

Post Thanks / Like
    I was working part time at a gas station while at school back then in NYS. If I remember correctly, we also had a limit on the amount that could be purchased too, along with the odd/even regulations. People would try to start their car in the morning, only to find out that the tank had been siphoned during the middle of the night. It was a crazy time.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Yikes! I remember being in line at the local gas station in PA as as kid and we had "the wrong plate" for that day (odd when it was for even). As a kid, I was so nervous that we were going to get in trouble. We also had two cars and they had opposite plates, so my dad would switch them depending on which car needed gas that day. LOL. Crazy times indeed!!
    Pictures from our Oct 2020 trip: https://photos.app.goo.gl/TGHm1uumCXGEkEHv5

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Plenty of gas in Aruba!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    My neighbor owned a gas station in the 70s. In '79 there was a second gas shortage and my brother and other friends from out street worked at the gas stations(my neighbor liked to employ the kids on our street). The line would was always long. The guys would order a pizza from across the street and one would get it. They would take turns running into the station and eating a few bites then running out again to man the pumps because people would get mad if they had to wait. I'd have to pick him up often and he'd fill my Dad's car every time after closing as long as it was the right day. My Dad never had to wait in line.(we kids were not allowed to have a car until after our first year of college).

There really haven't been issues with getting gas here this time around. The line at BJ's is always long no matter what, but that is the only place I've seen a line.

0 0