This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Happy 4th!

  1. #1
    Senior Member Pegmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Any beach!!
    Posts
    4,678
    Post Thanks / Like

    Happy 4th!

    I hope everyone has a wonderful 4th of July! Have to admit to being a little jealous of those in Aruba now!! It’s too hot here to do much of anything outside so we’re heading out to a local spot for lunch. Will do the BBQ this evening when it’s a bit cooler.
    0 4 0
     

  2. #2
    Senior Member Sue M.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,089
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    I hope everyone has a wonderful 4th of July! Have to admit to being a little jealous of those in Aruba now!! It’s too hot here to do much of anything outside so we’re heading out to a local spot for lunch. Will do the BBQ this evening when it’s a bit cooler.
    This is our first time in five years we have not been in Aruba for the 4th. I am a little jealous as well.
    0 4 0
     

  3. #3
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    32,980
    Post Thanks / Like
    happy happy 4th

    we are invited to a bbq
    I do not want to go as I despise the stench of bbq.

    and.....it is 93 and humid, so sitting and sweating is on the agenda
    I am a party pooper.
    0 0 0
     

  4. #4
    Senior Member Pegmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Any beach!!
    Posts
    4,678
    Post Thanks / Like
    Andrea, you so surprise me. I love the smell of bbq. Have to admit though it’s just to hot here as well.
    0 0 0
     

  5. #5
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    32,980
    Post Thanks / Like
    The smell of bbq nauseating me is fairly new.
    We have a local
    meat market that does bbq often.
    The smell is so strong that I cannot go in there anymore.

    Recently we were at a restaurant and Paul ordered ribs ...... I begged him not to ..... the smell made me ill.

    And here it is ..... 3:27 and we r late due to me and my nose.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Andrea, you so surprise me. I love the smell of bbq. Have to admit though it’s just to hot here as well.
    0 0 0
     

  6. #6
    Senior Member Pegmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Any beach!!
    Posts
    4,678
    Post Thanks / Like
    It’s funny how smell affects us. I can’t go through a cosmetic department without all the perfumes bothering me. Tom can’t deal with the smell of Indian food, yet I love all cooking smells.

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    The smell of bbq nauseating me is fairly new.
    We have a local
    meat market that does bbq often.
    The smell is so strong that I cannot go in there anymore.

    Recently we were at a restaurant and Paul ordered ribs ...... I begged him not to ..... the smell made me ill.

    And here it is ..... 3:27 and we r late due to me and my nose.
    0 1 0
     

  7. #7
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    4,652
    Post Thanks / Like
    .....cooler in Aruba.....
    0 2 0
     

  8. #8
    Senior Member Aruba4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3,854
    Post Thanks / Like
    And nicer
    Quote Originally Posted by cpjones View Post
    .....cooler in Aruba.....









    0 3 0
     

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    30
    Post Thanks / Like
    Happy 4th of July to our Southern Neighbours from the North.
    0 1 0
     

  10. #10
    Senior Member robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Oceania
    Posts
    1,508
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are usually at the shore, but the kids couldn't come and it is so crowded-you lose your parking space if you run to the store, so we went to friend's bbq. My son's BF since they were in 1st grade was in town and she came over to visit us along with her dad last night. We start our 4 1/2 week road trip Friday AM, so it was a quiet 4th for us-too much to prepare for.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •