This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Halloween

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy Halloween

Happy Halloween all.

Have a "spooktacular" day.

We have no trick or treaters here it goes against our deed restrictions (age 55+)

I do miss the kids ringing the bell and us handing out candy........such fun!
    0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Why don't the adults go around? You could set up tiki bars and serve adult beverages. Several in our neighborhood do, one guy even grills hot dogs for everyone.

It's supposed be 80 degrees here today, not exactly a fall night.

Happy Halloween!!

0 4

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is the plan Walt, including glow ball golf!
    I will be participating with friends as tonight is Paul’s poker night at clubhouse.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    You should find a place that does a trunk or treat, popular here at churches. Then you get to see the kids and hand out candy.
    We have only had 2 so far and we usually have a ton but they were calling for bad storms and a tornado watch so I guess that killed the plans.

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I got to say...Walt finds a solution for everything

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Why don't the adults go around? You could set up tiki bars and serve adult beverages. Several in our neighborhood do, one guy even grills hot dogs for everyone.

Happy Halloween!!

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.thepearlaruba.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    At first I thought you were going to say drunk or treat

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    You should find a place that does a trunk or treat, popular here at churches. Then you get to see the kids and hand out candy.
    We have only had 2 so far and we usually have a ton but they were calling for bad storms and a tornado watch so I guess that killed the plans.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.thepearlaruba.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    drunk or treat sounds fun
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We had trick or treat on Saturday 4-7 pm. Every year it seems to change based on the current mayor's whim. Halloween used to be soooo much fun. Now our neighborhood gets inundated by people not from our neighborhood or even from our city. The streets fill with cars and tons of people piling out. I gave out over 300 pieces of candy in 90 minutes and ran out as did my neighbors. Very few of the kids were from our neighborhood because most of the homes have empty nesters. When our kids were little the neighborhood was filled with kids and I'd give out about 125 pieces of candy to neighborhood kids, their friends and family. Everyone knew everyone and the only cars in the street belonged to people who lived there or were friends and family. It was so awesome! Now we those who come into our neighborhood following the kids in their cars(we don't have sidewalks), having them ride on running boards or standing in a van with the sliding doors open so they they can hop out at each driveway(blocking the whole street) or trailer in a golf cart to get around. It is so dangerous because with so many cars on the street, you can't see kids walking or running out of driveways. We have adults with bags for themselves or ones for infants who can't even roll over yet. It has been getting worse each year. You have to give out the candy in the driveway because they'll trample flowers and bushes to get to the front door. I've even had kids ride their bikes(parents drop them off) through our yards. Most of these people go to trick or treat in different communities, trunk or treats, the mall, etc. on different days and times (my students would tell me about it). Pure greed.

As far as what Walt mentioned. One year in the dorm we went trick or treating on our floor for drinks-different rooms had different drinks. If you didn't give drinks out you couldn't participate so it wasn't all the rooms-maybe 8-10. All I remember is having fun, a lot of fun.
    Last edited by robin; 10-31-2019 at 08:49 PM.

0 1

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post

Happy Halloween!!

Good morning Walt, and everybody else,

We had 40 kids at our door. It was a bit below the freezing mark with light snow, so that may have kept the numbers down.

The little kids showed so much energy, they didn't even notice the cold. The mums and dads accompanying them on the other hand, looked frozen.

Walt, whereabouts do you live? I mean, where is it 80 degrees at the end of October?

Glenn
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Glenn, I live in Virginia Beach, VA. We had the usual number of kids last night, about 100 or so. Most had their masks off and were sweating from running around in their costumes. The guy down the street was grilling hot dogs and had adult beverages for those of age. What was really cool was the fact that everyone's kids that grew up in the neighborhood, who are now in their thirties, came by with their little kids. Our grandsons were also at the house.

1 0