This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Thanksgiving!

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Thanksgiving!

This Thanksgiving may be very different for many of us, however; we still have many reasons to be thankful. Most of us and our families are still healthy and are coping with this crazy year. Even though we may not be able to gather with our family and friends this Thanksgiving, we should be grateful that our loved ones are safe.

Have a safe, healthy and happy Thanksgiving.

Post Thanks / Like
    So well said, Robin. There is much to be thankful for and better days are coming. If everyone can just "suck it up" for a few more months, we'll come out ahead of this thing. So to all of you whom I have come to think of as friends I have yet to meet in person, be safe, be well and have a Happy Thanksgiving!
    0 2

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    happy thanksgiving.................we have such bittersweet feelings

on one hand our son is still on assignment at Naval Base Point Loma in San Diego.
    he will miss thanksgiving with his wife and kids
    but, he will be home in 15-20 days if all goes well with the final phase of the nuclear upgrades on the USS Key West.

our friend Charlie who is like a family member will be alone. he has had some other opportunities to go out for dinner, but I believe that he has declined those invitations as he is very cautious and I am glad he is careful. but, I hate like heck that he is not getting a turkey dinner

we will be on the plane, counting our blessings and so grateful that Aruba is welcoming tourists with open arms and face masks.

Let this be the next to last BIG holiday of Covid precautions.
    then we'll deal with Christmas and Chanukkah under precautions.
    that my friends will make me a bit out of my very level headed mind

if St Patty's Day is under Cover protocol, I may just have to be admitted to a rubber walled room.

happy 4,000 calories!

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Happy Thanksgiving Day to All!!!
    Happy Thanksgiving!-e4823966-35e1-4449-ae4d-167182eab0c6-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Happy Thanksgiving all! It’s certainly different this year but we’re going with the flow. I can’t remember the last time we were home for Thanksgiving. I made a pumpkin pie this afternoon and got the China and silverware out. Even though it’s just the two of us I’ll try to make it festive. What could be better than enjoying a big meal at a fancy table while lounging in our sweats!

We’re thankful there’s a vaccine on the horizon; we are thankful for our health; and we’re thankful for our forum friends who made their way to the island and will provide us with trip reports!!

I hope everyone enjoys their day!!

1 2

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Post Thanks / Like
    A very Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends here on the forum. Much to be thankful for.

Glenn
    Winnipeg, Canada
    1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone. We have so much to be thankful for. We have the good china and silver out and are expecting our kids and a grandson for dinner. Have a great day, and safe flights to those travelling.

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Happy Thanksgiving
    To all my dear friends. I am honored and blessed to know each one of you (even though never met anyone in person.. maybe next year)
    2020 has had many challenges for all of us; struggles, sadness, loss, and etc.
    Today will be a low key with some sadness, but will cherish all the good memories.
    Yesterday I did buy a few gift cards to McDonalds, and passed them out to a few homeless older people on my way home,
    thinking I am "so very blessed"
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! Safe travels to all of you who are traveling to Aruba this week - know I will be with you all in spirit. Stay safe and healthy!

..waaaayyyyy too long since last time in Aruba
    1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brady bear View Post
    Happy Thanksgiving
    To all my dear friends. I am honored and blessed to know each one of you (even though never met anyone in person.. maybe next year)
    2020 has had many challenges for all of us; struggles, sadness, loss, and etc.
    Today will be a low key with some sadness, but will cherish all the good memories.
    Yesterday I did buy a few gift cards to McDonalds, and passed them out to a few homeless older people on my way home,
    thinking I am "so very blessed"

Wow what a nice thing to do! You will be blessed!

Yes 2020 has been a tough year on many counts but in the end we are all blessed. Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!
    0 1