This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 43

Thread: Happy Thanksgiving!

  1. #11
    Senior Member robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Oceania, north side
    Posts
    6,205
    Post Thanks / Like
    No SirPeeAlot. I'm just a bit tweaked that she did not call yesterday like she said she would. She called Friday and said she wasn't sure because of what they were expecting in Buffalo and I said I figured that if they got a lot she would not come, but she said she would call on Sunday. No call. Typical. Then today she puts a post up wishing everyone a happy Thanksgiving and to have compassion for those who don't get to celebrate. Pity Party. She had Canadian Thanksgiving.

    I have some appys since a friend will be stopping over. A turkey breast, salmon, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, string beans, stuffing(I make my own seasoned bread), maybe mashed potatoes, rolls, apple pie, cheesecake. Fairly simple. Stu's cousins who joined us for Thanksgiving before Covid have moved to WV. I was thinking about inviting another friend, but if he was there and my sister-in-law they would try to outdo each other complaining.

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    346
    Post Thanks / Like
    We’ll be having Thanksgiving dinner at Ike’s Bistro. We made reservations for 6pm. The weekend before we came down I made our Thanksgiving meal. I cooked a turkey breast on our gas grill. It was so juicy and moist. We had mashed potatoes, roasted Brussel sprouts, stuffing and gravy. Oh and cranberry sauce! Dessert was cheesecake. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
    0 1
     

  3. #13
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    6,938
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stoney4555 View Post
    We’ll be having Thanksgiving dinner at Ike’s Bistro.
    Maybe I'll bail out here and join you there! Just fantasizing....!
    A wise man never knows all......only fools know everything!
    0 0
     

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    346
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cpjones View Post
    Maybe I'll bail out here and join you there! Just fantasizing....!
    We’d love to add another seat to our small table, but what would Patti say?
    0 0
     

  5. #15
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    6,938
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stoney4555 View Post
    We’d love to add another seat to our small table, but what would Patti say?
    Bringing her..... we both wanna escape and visit with you folks......!
    A wise man never knows all......only fools know everything!
    0 2
     

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    447
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have 18 coming for dinner at 2:30 on Thursday. I get as much done ahead of time as possible. I love to cook and Thanksgiving is my Super Bowl.
    Yesterday I made 100 pumpkin raviolis. I use wonton wrappers for the pasta and it works beautifully. We serve it with a sauce made of butter, chicken broth, sage, and a drop of cream
    Today I prepped all the vegetables. We’re having red and yellow beets roasted with figs and marjoram, brussel sprouts with pancetta, buttered carrots, and corn pudding.
    instead of roasting the turkey on a metal rack, I lay it on top of peeled large onion halves that I prepped today. Saves on clean up and makes a delicious gravy.
    There will be gluten free stuffing with apples and raisins along with a chestnut stuffing and a sausage stuffing. I sautéed the mushrooms, onions and celery today. I’ll put it together on Wednesday.
    Tomorrow I’ll make the cranberry sauce and the stuffed mushrooms.
    The appetizers include eggplant carbonara on toasted Italian bread, soy marinated water chestnuts wrapped in bacon, and an Old Amsterdam cheese spread I purchased in Aruba in October that I’ll spread on crackers and top with a drop of amoretto raspberry jam.
    Mike had minor surgery on Friday so we decided to forgo baking pies. There’s a great bakery in town where we ordered pumpkin (both regular and GF), apple, coconut and chocolate pecan pies. I also ordered biscuits and corn muffins. I’ll pick them up on Wednesday. My daughter in law is making a GF apple crisp.
    I had some molasses in the pantry that I added to a tub of whipped butter. Soooo delicious! Figured my guests can top the baked sweet potatoes with it, or smear it on biscuits or cornbread.
    The turkey is being delivered tomorrow and I’ll dry rub it on Wednesday morning. It’s 26lbs; there should be leftovers. The grandkids are coming over Wednesday afternoon to help wash the salad greens. We’re making radicchio, endive salad with oranges and candied walnuts. The grands (ages 2 & 4) are also going to “set the tables.” Afterwards we will all walk into town for pizza.
    My sister-in-law is coming Thursday morning to reset the tables and arrange centerpieces. She’s also bringing some chocolates because well…. you just gotta have chocolate! I have two large Asian pears, a few persimmons and red and green grapes that she’ll prepare for a fruit platter.
    I outsourced the mashed potatoes to another sister-in-law in law.
    I bought Mike a 150 bottle wine cooler for his birthday/anniversary/Christmas and any other occasion in 2022 present so we’re good with adult beverages. We have a couple of people staying overnight, most are taking an Uber and the others live in walking distance so there’s no worries about drinking and driving.
    Friday brunch is bagels, cream cheese, lox, whitefish salad and fruit.
    Happy Thanksgiving all!
    Last edited by Tuckahoe; 11-21-2022 at 11:08 PM.
    0 1
     

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    346
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cpjones View Post
    Bringing her..... we both wanna escape and visit with you folks......!
    We’d love to meet you both sometime. Who knows, maybe our paths will cross at Manchebo sometime!
    0 1
     

  8. #18
    Senior Member Pegmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Any beach!!
    Posts
    8,692
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tuckahoe, that’s a whole lot of cooking but everything sounds delicious. I think I’ll try your idea of putting the turkey on sliced onions.

    0 2
     

  9. #19
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    42,776
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh dear god................what time should I show up?

    molasses into whipped butter sounds wonderful.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuckahoe View Post
    We have 18 coming for dinner at 2:30 on Thursday. I get as much done ahead of time as possible. I love to cook and Thanksgiving is my Super Bowl.
    Yesterday I made 100 pumpkin raviolis. I use wonton wrappers for the pasta and it works beautifully. We serve it with a sauce made of butter, chicken broth, sage, and a drop of cream
    Today I prepped all the vegetables. We’re having red and yellow beets roasted with figs and marjoram, brussel sprouts with pancetta, buttered carrots, and corn pudding.
    instead of roasting the turkey on a metal rack, I lay it on top of peeled large onion halves that I prepped today. Saves on clean up and makes a delicious gravy.
    There will be gluten free stuffing with apples and raisins along with a chestnut stuffing and a sausage stuffing. I sautéed the mushrooms, onions and celery today. I’ll put it together on Wednesday.
    Tomorrow I’ll make the cranberry sauce and the stuffed mushrooms.
    The appetizers include eggplant carbonara on toasted Italian bread, soy marinated water chestnuts wrapped in bacon, and an Old Amsterdam cheese spread I purchased in Aruba in October that I’ll spread on crackers and top with a drop of amoretto raspberry jam.
    Mike had minor surgery on Friday so we decided to forgo baking pies. There’s a great bakery in town where we ordered pumpkin (both regular and GF), apple, coconut and chocolate pecan pies. I also ordered biscuits and corn muffins. I’ll pick them up on Wednesday. My daughter in law is making a GF apple crisp.
    I had some molasses in the pantry that I added to a tub of whipped butter. Soooo delicious! Figured my guests can top the baked sweet potatoes with it, or smear it on biscuits or cornbread.
    The turkey is being delivered tomorrow and I’ll dry rub it on Wednesday morning. It’s 26lbs; there should be leftovers. The grandkids are coming over Wednesday afternoon to help wash the salad greens. We’re making radicchio, endive salad with oranges and candied walnuts. The grands (ages 2 & 4) are also going to “set the tables.” Afterwards we will all walk into town for pizza.
    My sister-in-law is coming Thursday morning to reset the tables and arrange centerpieces. She’s also bringing some chocolates because well…. you just gotta have chocolate! I have two large Asian pears, a few persimmons and red and green grapes that she’ll prepare for a fruit platter.
    I outsourced the mashed potatoes to another sister-in-law in law.
    I bought Mike a 150 bottle wine cooler for his birthday/anniversary/Christmas and any other occasion in 2022 present so we’re good with adult beverages. We have a couple of people staying overnight, most are taking an Uber and the others live in walking distance so there’s no worries about drinking and driving.
    Friday brunch is bagels, cream cheese, lox, whitefish salad and fruit.
    Happy Thanksgiving all!
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? sidtm
    0 1
     

  10. #20
    Senior Member arubamark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ren Island
    Age
    51
    Posts
    1,643
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol was going to say same thing add another 2 lol - btw for a limited time land o lakes is making a butter with maple syrup look in your local grocery store we just got it the other day, its great on toasted english muffins
    0 2
     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •