This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Thanksgiving to all Canadians

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy Thanksgiving to all Canadians

Good afternoon,

Tomorrow, Monday, October 12, 2020 is Thanksgiving Day here in Canada. To all Canadian members here on the forum, a very Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. We have much to be thankful for, COVID restrictions aside.

Besides Thanksgiving, October 12 is our 35th wedding anniversary. I don't know what the traditional symbol is for 35 years of marriage but I am sure there is a medal of some description that I can get for Donna, suitable for putting up with me for three and a half decades.

We were supposed to celebrate it on Lobster Night at The Chophouse at Manchebo, but instead we'll be doing it at our favourite special occasion restaurant here in Winnipeg.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Glenn
    Winnipeg, Canada
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Happy Thanksgiving to all our Canadian friends!
    And happy anniversary to Glenn and Donna!!!!!!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and all our Canadian friends. Also wishing you and Donna a very happy anniversary!!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Happy Thanksgiving fellow Canucks. Had some turkey last night again today and at in-laws tomorrow.
    0 0

The less crowded beaches & the Dutch bars
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope all of Canada was able to enjoy the holiday. Please open the boarder as I need a Nova Scotia fix
    0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    happy thanksgiving day to all of our Canadian friends and happy 35 yrs to Donna and Glenn.
    35 years is a very wonderful accomplishment.
    November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Happy Anniversary to Glenn and Donna as well as a blessed Canadian Thanksgiving..
    so much to be thankful today and every day
    0 0

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good evening,

Thanks to everyone for your kind words and good wishes.

I looked it up and the traditional gem for 35 years of marriage is the emerald.

As far as I can remember, there is a bench outside Colombian Emeralds downtown in Oranjestad so you'll know where to find me next October, providing travel has returned to normal, or something close to it.

Glenn
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Happy Thanksgiving to all our Canadian friends.

Post Thanks / Like
    Happy Anniversary! Happy Thanksgiving!

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Good afternoon,

Tomorrow, Monday, October 12, 2020 is Thanksgiving Day here in Canada. To all Canadian members here on the forum, a very Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. We have much to be thankful for, COVID restrictions aside.

Besides Thanksgiving, October 12 is our 35th wedding anniversary. I don't know what the traditional symbol is for 35 years of marriage but I am sure there is a medal of some description that I can get for Donna, suitable for putting up with me for three and a half decades.

We were supposed to celebrate it on Lobster Night at The Chophouse at Manchebo, but instead we'll be doing it at our favourite special occasion restaurant here in Winnipeg.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Glenn
    Winnipeg, Canada