This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: House buying....not easy!

Post Thanks / Like

House buying....not easy!

Wow is real estate CRAZY in MA. We have an appointment later today to view a house that is close to downtown in our hometown we already own in. We are seriously considering downsizing and moving into our downtown area were we are able to walk to everything. The house is a fraction of the size of what we have currently but is also a fraction of the cost.

My son is so excited about the chance to walk to and from school. His parents don't mind the chance to walk to and from places to eat/drink, lol. It would be a huge move for our family. We live in a nice smaller neighborhood here but would be moving to a spot with much less space, land, but many more things to do for our family. The cost savings is a huge added bonus as well which will = more Aruba trips, lol.

All that said, properties are selling anywhere from 20-50k+ over asking price. We walked by the house several times today and each time there was another showing. The showings are booked every 15 minutes for 3 days with final offers due Monday at 5pm. I would expect at least 25 offers based on what is going on in our town....with the limited inventory based on what our realtor has told us as well as a neighbor that currently has their place under contract. Sadly many will do NO inspections but I can't do that on an 1820 house!!!! Which is why we are not looking good for the house purchase right now IMHO. Praying I am wrong and prepared to offer over 55k more than asking and I am still afraid we won't win the bidding that is how crazy crap is in my town right now.
    Trip 33 begins on July 15.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Our neighborhood is the same way. There have been two houses on my street listed during this pandemic. Both were sold after just a day or two on the market. Each sold for considerably more than listed. Not a week goes by that we don’t get something from a realtor that wants to know if we’re interested in selling.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    We are experiencing very quick sales in our area. Within a week or two most house have signed contracts and have been through attorney review. Prices have really gone up. My neighbor who is a part time realtor keeps asking people if they want to see because there just is not enough inventory.

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    hope all goes well JAY!!!
    way too stressful.
    AIDTM THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks it really is. We got our mortgage pre-approval this morning to buy without selling our current home 1st which is a help in the process but probably not good enough for the owners- who happen to be moving next door so they will be our neighbor if we get it...the house next to it is probably twice as large.....

There are so many things to consider. One is we already know the attached deck is not really to code as extends to close to the property line...New roof and God only knows what else, lol. I think as long as we don't do anything with the deck its fine but upon replacement it would need to be to code.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    hope all goes well JAY!!!
    way too stressful.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We actually talked about selling today just based on the market right now. Everyone we know who has sold is getting thousands over ask and multiple offers within a few days of listing. It's crazy. The thought of moving exhausts me so we tabled the discussion.
    The best trip is the next trip. Anxiously waiting to book something.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    We actually talked about selling today just based on the market right now. Everyone we know who has sold is getting thousands over ask and multiple offers within a few days of listing. It's crazy. The thought of moving exhausts me so we tabled the discussion.
    When the markets are crazy like now you can make a lot of money, but then you will need that to get into your next home.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    When the markets are crazy like now you can make a lot of money, but then you will need that to get into your next home.
    We were thinking about downsizing and renting for a year or two, maybe relocating and living a simpler life. Keeping our options open.
    The best trip is the next trip. Anxiously waiting to book something.
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    We have gone with our daughter house hunting, but everything gets snatched up so fast. It IS crazy out there.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    The house was a train wreck, lol. At least we are prepared and pre-approved for the next one that pops up. The one we saw yesterday was a money pit!

1 0