This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 39

Thread: Hurricane/Tropical Storm Isaias

  1. #1
    Senior Member LisaGrn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    830
    Post Thanks / Like

    Hurricane/Tropical Storm Isaias

    It has to start with an "I" apparently. What's the next one going to be, Jesaiwhaeitsheicneocxyse?!
    Enough, break over, back to work when I'd much rather be hangin' with all of you. Later!

    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    We're calling it Acai.
    0 0
     

  2. #2
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    36,947
    Post Thanks / Like
    We learned to ignore the weather channel due to "sensationalizing" storm.
    When they started naming snow storms that is when they lost me.

    A great site to follow is Weatherunderground. (owned by the weather channel but they do their own thing)
    A person to follow on FB is Denis Phillips. He is a meteorologist on the ABC affiliate in Tampa Bay



    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0
     

  3. #3
    Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    640
    Post Thanks / Like
    I read it the same way you pronounce “Isaiah,” the biblical name, just with an “s” at the end. (eye say us?)


    0 0
     

  4. #4
    Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    640
    Post Thanks / Like
    Weather underground..I immediately thought of the other weather underground haha I’m surprised they went with that name!

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    We learned to ignore the weather channel due to "sensationalizing" storm.
    When they started naming snow storms that is when they lost me.

    A great site to follow is Weatherunderground. (owned by the weather channel but they do their own thing)
    A person to follow on FB is Denis Phillips. He is a meteorologist on the ABC affiliate in Tampa Bay


    0 0
     

  5. #5
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    5,452
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by B Likes To Travel View Post
    Weather underground..I immediately thought of the other weather underground haha I’m surprised they went with that name!
    …...would that age you....? …… just askin'...….!
    0 0
     

  6. #6
    Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    640
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nope
    Quote Originally Posted by cpjones View Post
    …...would that age you....? …… just askin'...….!


    0 1
     

  7. #7
    Senior Member brady bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,204
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am so done with the media talking about covid,
    now add some storm that I can't even remember the name of it. (lol)
    We are in it's path. Maybe... fingers crossed it will wash corona away.
    1 0
     

  8. #8
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    36,947
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think that you are still in the cone, but it appears to be moving to the east/northeast.
    Our weather for tomorrow afternoon may include some squalls and maybe some showers.
    I am hoping for a full washout because we have got tons of INDOOR work to do in this house.

    Stay well and dry Cathy and all others who may be in harm's way.



    Quote Originally Posted by brady bear View Post
    I am so done with the media talking about covid,
    now add some storm that I can't even remember the name of it. (lol)
    We are in it's path. Maybe... fingers crossed it will wash corona away.



    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 1
     

  9. #9
    Senior Member robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Oceania, north side
    Posts
    3,391
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    I think that you are still in the cone, but it appears to be moving to the east/northeast.
    Our weather for tomorrow afternoon may include some squalls and maybe some showers.
    I am hoping for a full washout because we have got tons of INDOOR work to do in this house.

    Stay well and dry Cathy and all others who may be in harm's way.
    The storm is coming for us tomorrow. What is left of the eye should pass just west of us meaning we will have the strongest winds 45-55 mph with gust up to 75 mph. It would be the perfect day to stay in, but I really need another shot in my shoulder and do not want to wait another 2-3 weeks for another appointment, so I will be driving 24 miles in one direction in the worst of it. Yes, I really need the shot.

  10. #10
    Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    640
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please don’t get on the road tomorrow. State of emergency, pain management doc might even be closed tomorrow. Sorry you’re dealing with so much pain right now


    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    The storm is coming for us tomorrow. What is left of the eye should pass just west of us meaning we will have the strongest winds 45-55 mph with gust up to 75 mph. It would be the perfect day to stay in, but I really need another shot in my shoulder and do not want to wait another 2-3 weeks for another appointment, so I will be driving 24 miles in one direction in the worst of it. Yes, I really need the shot.


    0 0
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •