This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Isnt it time

Post Thanks / Like

Isnt it time

Isnt it time to let this go? Why dig it all out again? What is the benefit of GMA once again bringing it to the forefront. There is really nothing new, just a rehash of old information. Yes, its 15 years, but to go on TV and fire it all up again seems incorrect.

https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/n...pened-67135633

Post Thanks / Like
    I don’t know; while it’s sad to see it in the news, I feel her mother is tormented by not having answers. I would imagine most mothers wouldn’t want to give up. Keeping it in the news could possibly bring her closer to the truth and help her to find closure. I sympathize.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Slow news day...

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    I don’t know; while it’s sad to see it in the news, I feel her mother is tormented by not having answers. I would imagine most mothers wouldn’t want to give up. Keeping it in the news could possibly bring her closer to the truth and help her to find closure. I sympathize.
    I agree with you, that as a mother, she indeed still feels grief and maybe more. I just question GMA digging up all the detail of the Kalpoes, the police ...,the whole thing. It might have been more tasteful to simply acknowledge the passing of time and her disappearance without all the muck raking.

Post Thanks / Like
    As a mom, I know I would want closure. I cannot imagine not knowing what really happened.

The media is doing what it does best-getting people to watch to boost ratings.

The first time we went to Aruba which was 3 years after this happened, I had friends tell me Aruba wasn't safe because of this incident and not to go. My reply was it was safer than many places in the US including right here in our city. Even the nicest towns and neighborhoods have an isolated event but it does not mean it is not safe.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like

Natalie

I don't know if this is a forbidden subject but tonight on 20/20 ABC News they are having a discussion on Natalie Holloway with new information so they say.

The one thing that bordered me the most of that incident was the suspect Van der sloot. He killed a girl in peru and was sentenced to a lot of jail time. Natalie's Mother went there for an interview hoping he would come clean but he did not. He kind of reminds me of the preppie killer in NYC. I had just started working at my company when that happened he strangled a girl in Central Park. Even though he got off with the murder he ended up serving 19 years anyway for dealing drugs. He has also surfaced back in the news.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    It wasn't what it was cracked up to be but just rehashing the story as Aquaman mentioned. It was 2 hours long but it was kind of interesting.I mean during that time the aruban people were all helping out in finding Natalie but then the media came and really turned this whole investigation into a circus. Then hurricane Katrina happened and the all abandoned this story to go to New Orleans. All about the ratings!

Interesting how Vandersloot gets sentenced in Peru, gets a visiting lady pregnant, marries ect. Incredible!

Natalie's Mom recently took a peaceful trip to Aruba which is what stirred up this documentary from the beginning of events to the end. She goes to the beach to soak her feet, to the Alta Vista Church to pray but then shows up at Vandersloot Mom's home so the police came and then she left a note. I feel for her looking for closure but at this point she has to accept the facts sad as it sounds.

May Natalie rest in peace..

0 0