This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Not Aruba But It's a Beach!

Post Thanks / Like
    It's a beach, Walt, just different than Eagle and Palm! LOL!
    Woke to a breezy, cloudless day. The tide is working with me this week for morning walks and shell collecting so went for a long walk and then back to cottage for a leisurely breakfast. Spent morning on the beach reading Sandra Brown's new novel. Can't be bothered with the umbrella so am back at cottage for a sandwich. There's a wonderful breeze coming through the LR window so may hang out on the couch and read. Not very exciting to most but blissful for me. No decisions to make except what kind of seafood to have for dinner!

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    It's not a beach, but it's a trip report! Thanks for posting Lisa.
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    It sounds wonderful Lisa... I envy a relaxing vacation with absolutely no decisions but where to have dinner. Enjoy!

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    hanging out on the cape, with a breeze coming thru the windows and a good book...................Life is good!!

Quote Originally Posted by LisaGrn View Post
    It's a beach, Walt, just different than Eagle and Palm! LOL!
    Woke to a breezy, cloudless day. The tide is working with me this week for morning walks and shell collecting so went for a long walk and then back to cottage for a leisurely breakfast. Spent morning on the beach reading Sandra Brown's new novel. Can't be bothered with the umbrella so am back at cottage for a sandwich. There's a wonderful breeze coming through the LR window so may hang out on the couch and read. Not very exciting to most but blissful for me. No decisions to make except what kind of seafood to have for dinner!

​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 1

The less crowded beaches & the Dutch bars
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am another Cape Cod fan. We used to visit a lot back in the 80s/90s...then we discovered Aruba. 2 very different places that I could return too again and again.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Jacki, please have some good seafood for me.
    Don't forget to stop at the Christmas Tree shops either...
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    A trip to the Christmas Tree Shop in Orleans is usually on my list but will probably skip it this year since the weather is supposed to be so great all week (that's a cloudy day outing for me). And the last thing I need is more "stuff". That place is as dangerous as Home Goods for me. LOL!! But the seafood fest continues. Giant bowl of "chowdah" for dinner!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi gang! Another lazy day on the Cape. No breeze whatsoever so it was pretty toasty on the beach. Had to drag out the umbrella. But here's what I really wanted to tell you. I met and started chatting with the couple in the cottage next to me. Come to find out they also love Aruba AND always stay at Manchebo!! It truly is a small world. Crab cakes for dinner tonight. Let's see - shrimp and for still to come...and probably another lobster roll (or two!).
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    What, no fried clams!?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe if I can squeeze them in! But I'm trying to stay away from fried food. Don't want those 20 lbs i lost to make a return trip to my hips! And previous thread was supposed to read "shrimp and COD" . LOL!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    You could always get an appetizer portion. Pre-pandemic we probably had fried clams once a week. It’s really the one thing I’ve been missing. I have yet to attempt making them at home. We eat a lot of shellfish but for some reason I find frying clams a little intimidating.

0 1