This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Kind of Vegas TR

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    never heard of it.
    does housekeeping replenish the in room coffeemaker?

slotted out...........I get it.
    sometimes I sit there almost in a trance.

have you taken any tours in the area or shows?
    Unfortunately, there is no such thing as in room coffee makers in Vegas. There must be some hotel that has them but none that we stay at. No shows or tours this trip. I would have liked to have toured Red Rock Canyon but no car! Plus because of COVID you have to make a reservation for a time to drive the route. We do, however, have gorgeous views from our room.

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    WOW...........I am shocked.
    I would have to do the same as you then.....bring my own.

I looked at the resort online and it really looks beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Unfortunately, there is no such thing as in room coffee makers in Vegas. There must be some hotel that has them but none that we stay at. No shows or tours this trip. I would have liked to have toured Red Rock Canyon but no car! Plus because of COVID you have to make a reservation for a time to drive the route. We do, however, have gorgeous views from our room.
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    The resort is amazing and the staff is genuinely helpful and friendly. The views from the room are amazing. The only downside has been the weather. Only one day was it warm enough to go to the pool. Today it was in the 50s!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    So our Vegas vacation is over. We got home a couple of hours ago. Ten days in Vegas was a little long for me but Tom would have stayed longer! I had asked the concierge to set up airport transport for us as we did not want to do the shuttle. I just assumed it would be a limo but the driver texted me when he arrived and said he had a black Tesla. Guess that’s the new thing in Vegas. It’s a beautiful car and was quite comfy!

Vegas airport is another story. We always seem to have issues there. We got in the Mint line with one person in front of us. We’re waiting and waiting as there was no one manning the Mint or the Help counter, finally the guy showed up and another check in person took us. Her computer was giving her problems but I suspect operator error. I had requested a wheelchair and she told me it would be 40 minutes! Now I don’t call that Mint service for sure but fortunately it only took 10 minutes. Good thing we waited for the wheelchair as Jetblue changed terminals and we had to take a tram plus a good 15 minute walk!

Oh and when we went through security, TSA pulled my carryon aside. The agent said it needed to be rescanned. After that was done, he went through the bag and pulled out Tom’s wallet. You know those little credit card sized metal multi tool things? He said that it had a sharp edge on it and so it was confiscated. The funny thing is we had gone through TSA security in Boston and it wasn’t flagged!!

Hopefully, our next vacation will be back to Aruba.

0 3

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad that you are home!!!

Rest and recuperate.

I think that I hear Manchebo calling your names for early Dec.

So our Vegas vacation is over. We got home a couple of hours ago. Ten days in Vegas was a little long for me but Tom would have stayed longer! I had asked the concierge to set up airport transport for us as we did not want to do the shuttle. I just assumed it would be a limo but the driver texted me when he arrived and said he had a black Tesla. Guess that’s the new thing in Vegas. It’s a beautiful car and was quite comfy!

Vegas airport is another story. We always seem to have issues there. We got in the Mint line with one person in front of us. We’re waiting and waiting as there was no one manning the Mint or the Help counter, finally the guy showed up and another check in person took us. Her computer was giving her problems but I suspect operator error. I had requested a wheelchair and she told me it would be 40 minutes! Now I don’t call that Mint service for sure but fortunately it only took 10 minutes. Good thing we waited for the wheelchair as Jetblue changed terminals and we had to take a tram plus a good 15 minute walk!

Oh and when we went through security, TSA pulled my carryon aside. The agent said it needed to be rescanned. After that was done, he went through the bag and pulled out Tom’s wallet. You know those little credit card sized metal multi tool things? He said that it had a sharp edge on it and so it was confiscated. The funny thing is we had gone through TSA security in Boston and it wasn’t flagged!!

THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not surprised that Boston missed it. Years ago, we went on a trip with the kids-young teenagers at the time-to one of the islands. No issues with TSA in Philly. Coming back they took my older son's carry on after going through xray. He had a tiny eyeglass screwdriver buried(he did not know he had it) in the front pouch. They kept it after having to dig through the bag. It had actually been between the the lining and the outer fabric of the bag, all the way at the bottom that it was almost under the main part of the bag(computer type bag). They really had to dig to get it out.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    I'm not surprised that Boston missed it. Years ago, we went on a trip with the kids-young teenagers at the time-to one of the islands. No issues with TSA in Philly. Coming back they took my older son's carry on after going through xray. He had a tiny eyeglass screwdriver buried(he did not know he had it) in the front pouch. They kept it after having to dig through the bag. It had actually been between the the lining and the outer fabric of the bag, all the way at the bottom that it was almost under the main part of the bag(computer type bag). They really had to dig to get it out.
    I will say the TSA guy was good about it. No lectures! I was surprised that it was an issue. It does make you wonder though how one TSA security misses it while the other catches it.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for sharing your trip! I am going to Vegas for the first time in December, so I will probably be asking for some tips!
    Pictures from our Oct 2021 trip: https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZNDCceAbJT5sECfE8

Pictures from our Oct 2020 trip: https://photos.app.goo.gl/TGHm1uumCXGEkEHv5
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phrogg108 View Post
    Thanks for sharing your trip! I am going to Vegas for the first time in December, so I will probably be asking for some tips!
    You’ll have fun. Feel free to message me anytime with questions!

1 1

Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I’ll be there over Thanksgiving so I’m happy to answer questions too. Third trip this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by phrogg108 View Post

1 2