This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Labor Day ...Plans? Activities?

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

Labor Day ...Plans? Activities?

Hoping that your Labor Day is fun.

Normally it would be busy here, but with most of the amenities still shuttered (all that is open is golf - but no scrambles or tournaments, pool open- but no lounge chairs or tables or events, pickle ball is open).

Our Covid Labor Day will be a yawn.
    I have a pool exercise class (sort of aerobics) that I teach a few mornings a week and the rest of the day may be at home catching up on Sept, Oct birthday cards.
    Food....well it is a holiday so it is all about food I have a rack of ribs on LOW in our large crockpot. Will be ready at 6.
    That is all of the celebrating that we are doing.

How about you?

​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    No plans at the moment.

On a side note. I did ribs in the instant pot a couple of weeks ago. Twenty-three minutes in the pot and then finished for 5 minutes on the grill. They were delicious and I don’t even really care for ribs!!

0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quick release or Natural release?

I would like to give that a try!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    No plans at the moment.

On a side note. I did ribs in the instant pot a couple of weeks ago. Twenty-three minutes in the pot and then finished for 5 minutes on the grill. They were delicious and I don’t even really care for ribs!!

​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    It was a 5 minute natural release. I used baby back ribs with a rub and kind of followed the recipe in this link;
    https://www.wellplated.com/instant-pot-ribs/

Normally I do them in the slow cooker and then the grill but these worked out quite well

1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Happy Labor Day everyone! I put a 8 pound brisket flat on the smoker earlier this morning and added a pound of bacon just a bit ago. The smoked bacon is for the deviled eggs and salads later this week. Today we're also smoking jalapeno poppers, and our signature smoked mashed potatoes. There will be grilled fresh veggies and corn on the cob we got from a farm stand a couple of miles from the house. We're having the kids over (they're bringing the desserts) and today we get to meet our daughters new boyfriend.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like a fun day Walt! Hope you like the daughters new boyfriend!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sure I will... he has 2 jobs, a car, a house and treats my daughter and grandson like royalty.

Post Thanks / Like
    We have a quiet day with no plans happening here. I have to say the Saturday to Saturday vacation just before Labor Day was perfect. We had 2 recovery days before the grind starts up again. We will vacation during this time again in the future, it really is nice. I can't believe pool season is over here - not that our pool actually opened, but at least now i don't have to be annoyed when I walk past the clubhouse area.

Today we are having tuna poke bowls later burgers on the grill. I'm going to make some slaw for fish tacos that we will have tomorrow with some of the fish my husband caught last week - its just better for the flavors to sit overnight in the slaw.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing happening here. Went for my walk and did most of the grocery shopping. Normally we would grill, but David is working and won't have dinner with us so I am making Butter Chicken(Indian dish) because he doesn't like it. We will grill tomorrow when he is home.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ended up making a shrimp scampi pizza. Now we’ll just enjoy this good weather
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Labor Day ...Plans? Activities?-d813eb94-9858-4f53-9869-fee99128620b-jpg  

0 1