This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Labor Day Weekend

Post Thanks / Like
    Not much. We have a car show on Friday night but that is about it. Our son's bday is Wednesday so depending on hubby's schedule that week we may celebrate over the weekend. The next few weekends are busy so maybe just hanging out and getting stuff done at home.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    ECSC is this weekend, that's always a busy time for us as we go to the oceanfront and fight the tourists for parking and a spot to watch from. I go on travel Monday, return at the end of the week. Hopefully Labor Day will be a nice, long, quiet weekend. As always we will have tacos on Labor Day in honor of the hardest working folks we know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hopefully, a quiet long weekend after spending most weekends working this summer. And most likely planning next year's trip to Aruba!

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    We will be camping in the hot, muggy, rainy Florida weather. I agree with you Andrea, can't wait until the weather gets a little cooler. When we get home from camping, we start packing for Aruba!!! Flying out Saturday the 7th for a week!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Hatteres, congrats on the milestone anniversary and have a great time in NYC and Bermuda. If you need any tips for things to do here while in NYC, let me know. Brian
    Brian

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    One more week of work before Labor Day weekend and being out of the office until Sept. 19th!

Labor Day weekend we will spend at our condo at the Jersey Shore, enjoying the last "official" summer weekend. Its been a great summer in NJ, especially on the weekends. We have made so many friends at our community there, it will be bittersweet seeing many for the final hurrah of summer (many are weekenders like us and some move to Florida for the winter).

We will come home on Monday, Labor Day to pack for our long planned and awaited trip to Israel. We leave on Tuesday and will be touring for 10 days there. We can't wait for this trip which has been in the planning for our entire adult lives.

When we return on the 14th, I have a quick turn around to go to a conference in Atlantic City, NJ starting on Sunday the 15th through that Wed.

Have a great Labor Day weekend to all.
    Brian

0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    And folks.....only 124 days from today until Christmas!!!!
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Happy Anniversary!

Quote Originally Posted by hatteras View Post
    We are flying to N.Y. tomorrow for a few days, then boarding a ship in New Jersey for a Bermuda cruise on Sunday. We'll be on the cruise until the following Sunday (Labor Day weekend), and then flying home. We are celebrating our 45th wedding anniversary.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pop-pop Brian View Post
    One more week of work before Labor Day weekend and being out of the office until Sept. 19th!

Labor Day weekend we will spend at our condo at the Jersey Shore, enjoying the last "official" summer weekend. Its been a great summer in NJ, especially on the weekends. We have made so many friends at our community there, it will be bittersweet seeing many for the final hurrah of summer (many are weekenders like us and some move to Florida for the winter).

We will come home on Monday, Labor Day to pack for our long planned and awaited trip to Israel. We leave on Tuesday and will be touring for 10 days there. We can't wait for this trip which has been in the planning for our entire adult lives.

When we return on the 14th, I have a quick turn around to go to a conference in Atlantic City, NJ starting on Sunday the 15th through that Wed.

Have a great Labor Day weekend to all.
    Please do a trip report in off topic on your trip to Israel.

Enjoy your weekend at the shore. Our condo is rented for the Labor Day weekend and is under contract to be sold(Ocean City). I love it there during the week but it is too crowded on the weekends.

There is lots of good shopping at the outlets in Atlantic City. If you get a chance to go out to eat, the Fork and Knife Inn is a landmark restaurant in AC-it's been there over a 100 years. AC is only 35 miles from us, but we do not go very often.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Please do a trip report in off topic on your trip to Israel.

Enjoy your weekend at the shore. Our condo is rented for the Labor Day weekend and is under contract to be sold(Ocean City). I love it there during the week but it is too crowded on the weekends.

There is lots of good shopping at the outlets in Atlantic City. If you get a chance to go out to eat, the Fork and Knife Inn is a landmark restaurant in AC-it's been there over a 100 years. AC is only 35 miles from us, but we do not go very often.
    Robin, thanks for your note. Yes, I will try to post on our trip to Israel here. Too bad you are selling your place at the Jersey shore. I hope you have another plan to get your "fix" of beach and shore life. We just love it there and it feels like a vacation every weekend.

I have heard of the Knife and Fork in AC. Won't have much time for shopping while there but we are eating out one night at Chef Vola's in AC...an institution and a very hard restaurant to get reservations at.
    Brian

0 0