This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Labor Day Weekend

Post Thanks / Like
    I am selling because we are traveling more, there are some owners who are real idiots, as board president I know what is coming down the road and really don't want to sink that type of money(new roof, new balconies, painting of the entire exterior, hallways need upgrading and the big one is the entire crawl space under the building is filled with sand and the cast iron pipes buried in it and above it are starting to show they won't last forever, so to replace them correctly, all the sand will have to be removed into it), I have friends and family who want to use it, but do not take care of it and I am tired of cleaning up after them. I can have my self in a chair on the beach in less than an hour from home with no stress and no huge cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Pop-pop Brian View Post
    Robin, thanks for your note. Yes, I will try to post on our trip to Israel here. Too bad you are selling your place at the Jersey shore. I hope you have another plan to get your "fix" of beach and shore life. We just love it there and it feels like a vacation every weekend.

I have heard of the Knife and Fork in AC. Won't have much time for shopping while there but we are eating out one night at Chef Vola's in AC...an institution and a very hard restaurant to get reservations at.

0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been to Chef Vola's once and loved it. I believe that I had the bone-in veal parm and it was absolutely amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Pop-pop Brian View Post
    Robin, thanks for your note. Yes, I will try to post on our trip to Israel here. Too bad you are selling your place at the Jersey shore. I hope you have another plan to get your "fix" of beach and shore life. We just love it there and it feels like a vacation every weekend.

I have heard of the Knife and Fork in AC. Won't have much time for shopping while there but we are eating out one night at Chef Vola's in AC...an institution and a very hard restaurant to get reservations at.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope everyone has a safe and relaxing labor day weekend!
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    from your lips to god's ears.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvosilla View Post
    I hope everyone has a safe and relaxing labor day weekend!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    My quiet Labor Day weekend is no longer quiet. A dear friend, some one who has been like an uncle to us and who has been in failing health, passed away yesterday afternoon. The funeral is Sunday and I'm helping out with things. His family and Stu's family have been friends since the 1930-several generations.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sorry to hear that. My thoughts are with you and your family this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    My quiet Labor Day weekend is no longer quiet. A dear friend, some one who has been like an uncle to us and who has been in failing health, passed away yesterday afternoon. The funeral is Sunday and I'm helping out with things. His family and Stu's family have been friends since the 1930-several generations.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Condolences!!
    May he Rest In Peace.
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you. Ellis had be in failing health Since the winter. The past few weeks have been difficult and he is now with wife of over 50 years.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm so sorry for your loss, Robin. Take solace in the belief that he his now back with the love of his life.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry Robin to hear of the loss of your friend.

0 0