This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lack of travel play havoc on your emotions?

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

Lack of travel play havoc on your emotions?

amex-survey-suggests-lack-of-travel-emotional-toll

I can tell you that at least with Paul and I, the answer is YES.

​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We had a great trip to Aruba last Nov/Dec followed by another great trip to Vegas so it didn’t bother me too much cancelling May. Now that we have cancelled our November Aruba trip I find myself missing it more and more. Add to that, we would normally be heading to Vegas this week for my birthday and won’t be doing that either. So .... I guess I’m back and forth. The weather here has been hot, we’re able to be outside and have managed to keep ourselves amused. Once winter gets here I am sure we both will be positively bonkers.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I certainly have the Aruba blues. Canceling 2 trips is something I never thought possible- wow do I miss my friends.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just miss traveling in general
    Getting stir crazy at times
    0 0

The less crowded beaches & the Dutch bars
    Post Thanks / Like
    We sure miss traveling this year. Last Winter DW went on a family cruise while I went on a fishing trip. We visited Nova Scotia in May, Aruba in September and were back in Aruba in March of this year. Now WE have cancelled all travel plans for the remainder of 2020 and are planning on any trips until WE feel comfortable again. I highlighted WE because I am going up to Northern NY in November for 3 days of fishing.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, travel in general. We had a few trips planned-one long one and a few road trips. But what is miss most is my son.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been traveling for work, so I'm good. Pam, however, is ready to get out. We may go to Florida next month for a few days.

Post Thanks / Like
    About a month ago we were really unsure that our Aruba trip in November will happen so we decided to book a quiet area south of Myrtle Beach so we could drive and stay in a house with friends. I needed something planned. I needed to know I could take a full week off from work to relax without feeling like I needed to check in. It's not the trip we would have planned, but it is a trip that I feel like we need. It will be strange limited our shopping, restaurant, and bar visits, but everyone in the house agreed to be as safe as we can be.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Both my husband and I are used to being in the air at least twice a month (work and vacation travel) - the airport and Delta SkyClubs are our "second home". Miss them both. Last time we flew coming back from a vacation was March 10. Work travel still on hold. Vacations though are looking up - have a few trips booked now, including Aruba. Had planned on 2 weeks in Aruba but may extend it to 3 weeks because of an over abundance of vacation time.
    ~Amy~® -- South Beach: Jan. 2020 -- New Orleans: Feb. 2020 -- Playa del Carmen: March 2020 -- San Juan Islands: Sept. 2020 -- 40th trip to Aruba: Oct. & Nov. 2020

1 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, Yes and Yes.....should we go, should we not go type of thing. As of now we are hoping to still go in November although I may try another hotel this time around. As long as Dh and I stay healthy we hope to travel. We were going to rebook for perhaps spring but with my job and new center opening in spring I know that vacation that time of year will be impossible.

Finding the positive travel reports helping my decision making even if Aruba numbers have increased I feel fairly safe if we stay put at our hotel and eat outdoors at restaurants. Still thinking, re-thinking and all that fun stuff, all I know is I really need a vacation. Still working, one day home, one day in office ...some weeks I have to triple check where the heck I am supposed to be that day! Just happy to be working and hopefully able to take a vacation even though I know I will be judged by some.

0 0