This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lily

The less crowded beaches & the Dutch bars
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope this works out for you.
    1 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks all

​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We had an owner at our condo at the shore that had a small dog that barked as soon as they walked out the door and didn't stop until they came home-it could be heard in the building and echoed in the alley disturbing the homes backing the alley. They used a bark collar on their dog. I don't know how bark collars work, but it did stop their dog from barking.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks but no.
    there is a notification on the agreement at the kennel that no aversion collars are allowed.
    we also signed an agreement with the rescue that we would not use aversion training.

Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    We had an owner at our condo at the shore that had a small dog that barked as soon as they walked out the door and didn't stop until they came home-it could be heard in the building and echoed in the alley disturbing the homes backing the alley. They used a bark collar on their dog. I don't know how bark collars work, but it did stop their dog from barking.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 09-29-2020 at 11:52 AM.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe the vet will have a solution. When are you talking to him? Don't cancel yet!!!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear of your cancellation and it sounds like you've looked at all your options.

I don't think this will work in your situation, but when the wife starts "barking", I just open a bottle of champagne. After she's had a glass or two she quiets right down
    Last edited by schexc; 09-30-2020 at 07:46 AM.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    That’s a long flight for a dog. Then add the extra airport time these days. Hoping a solution comes up with the kennel. It’s hard because it’s not just a long weekend; it’s 2 weeks. Good luck!
    1 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    we just got back from a vet visit and he started her on a low does of prendnisone.
    he said that may cut the inflammation of her trachea.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    In thinking about your description of Lilly making a honking sound. I wonder if it could be kennel cough. When Maddy had the kennel cough she made an awful honking sound and the vet said her trachea was inflamed.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry Andrea. Any services available? I paid my sons baby sitter to stay at our house and watch our 2 dogs for about a month total this summer. It worked out great for her as she needed the cash being furloughed at her extended day job and my dogs did not have to change their schedule. Good luck.