This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Luggage

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Post Thanks / Like

Luggage

When you are shopping for luggage and they give the dimensions (shopping online), do they give the dimensions including the wheels or just the body of the luggage? What is the norm, if anyone knows. I am trying to purchase new carry on but am not sure if the measurements they give me include the wheels and its one of those sites that calling will yield nothing (though I have shopped from them numerous times over the years).

Post Thanks / Like
    I don’t know the answer. I wonder if you go to the luggage manufacturer’s website if you would find the information there.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Post Thanks / Like
    luckily, the piece i liked was on Amazon and they told you the dimensions with the handles and wheels and without and if you stuffed it for the extension how much more to add. but I wish they would tell you on other pieces. how hard is that.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you're asking this question with regards to carry on luggage, airlines have a linear dimension requirement. Most luggage sites include this dimension for carry on pieces.

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    we recently had to buy a new roller bag carryon.
    I was concerned too, but ended up replacing the old roller bag with an identical bag.

https://traveltips.usatoday.com/meas...nes-13461.html

The article says : Manufacturers often don't include wheels and handles in their measurements, which can lead to a nasty surprise if you buy a carry-on, thinking it'll fit your airline's sizing regulations, only to find out that the overhead bin can't close because of its wheels or handle
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    we recently had to buy a new roller bag carryon.
    I was concerned too, but ended up replacing the old roller bag with an identical bag.

https://traveltips.usatoday.com/meas...nes-13461.html

The article says : Manufacturers often don't include wheels and handles in their measurements, which can lead to a nasty surprise if you buy a carry-on, thinking it'll fit your airline's sizing regulations, only to find out that the overhead bin can't close because of its wheels or handle
    Exactly right, Andrea, which is why I asked. But the piece I was looking at on Amazon, and I have this brand already, gives you both. And even with wheels and handle, it is an inch in length less than required.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    the one with the spinner wheels add about an inch.
    we have the inline wheels and those add only an insignificant amount of length.
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I actually double checked again and it gives the inches with handle, wheels and stuffing the front pocket to max so adding it up, it comes within the linear inches you need. then it gives you without the wheels and handle. Also i figure its prime so free shipping to me and free returns. how could I lose. I have another duffle bag style from this designer on wheels but it constantly tips over though I love it because you can stuff it. I figure i will give it a try, if they lied about the dimensions, it goes back. I do love prime.

Post Thanks / Like
    Why would they lie about the dimensions?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    They aren't lying. I just don't know what their idea of dimensions is. Is it from handle to wheels or just the bag itself proper. I wanted to know when a luggage company gives measurements, are they giving the whole thing or just the bag itself. the one i was looking at actually did end up giving you both, the bag itself and then from the handle to the wheels in length and width and depth was if you stuffed the outside pocket. But no other luggage company did that.