This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Years Eve plans?

Post Thanks / Like
    It did not feel like New Year's Eve in any way for us. It was nice and comfortable outside which was a blessing. We spent the day off taking care of lots of things at my dad's house since we had the day off and there is a lot to do after his passing. I am pretty much in quarantine after a close contact with a positive covid case at work, and quite a few in my family are positive right now too. So far my first at home test was negative and I have no symptoms so hoping for the best.
    2021 was a tough year, losing my step-mother who was in my life since I was 12 years old, losing one of my best friend's father who I've known for over 25 years, and losing my own dad all related to Covid. It didn't feel like anything I wanted to celebrate. Jon and I came home ordered hibachi take out, and toasted to 8pm with water then were off to sleep.

Today is new day, a new year, and brings hope for a healthy and happy year.
    The best trip is the next trip. Anxiously waiting to book something.
    0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let 2022 be a year of JOY and HEALTH to you and your TraceyD
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    It did not feel like New Year's Eve in any way for us. It was nice and comfortable outside which was a blessing. We spent the day off taking care of lots of things at my dad's house since we had the day off and there is a lot to do after his passing. I am pretty much in quarantine after a close contact with a positive covid case at work, and quite a few in my family are positive right now too. So far my first at home test was negative and I have no symptoms so hoping for the best.
    2021 was a tough year, losing my step-mother who was in my life since I was 12 years old, losing one of my best friend's father who I've known for over 25 years, and losing my own dad all related to Covid. It didn't feel like anything I wanted to celebrate. Jon and I came home ordered hibachi take out, and toasted to 8pm with water then were off to sleep.

Today is new day, a new year, and brings hope for a healthy and happy year.

THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    I was listening to an interview with the gentleman that organized the entire event....wow are there some real stars there tonight!
    And then the truth comes out. It seems that all of the acts at the Honky Tonks and bars were previously recorded. Everything you saw on TV was fake except Lady A and Dierks Bentley at Bi-Centennial park. We met a couple that paid almost $200 per person to go to Ole Red's (Blake Shelton's bar) and they said nothing you saw on TV actually happened last night. Blake Shelton wasn't there. Luke Bryan wasn't at his bar last night either, nor Miranda Lambert. Glad we saved our money.
    0 0