This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: The non-Aruba comments on Caribbean Journal's Best 50 Restaurants

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Post Thanks / Like

The non-Aruba comments on Caribbean Journal's Best 50 Restaurants

Hi again,

Are you still with me?

First, I don't now if it is my old computer or what, but it took me a very long time to go through CJ's list. Still, it was quite interesting.

Aruba was not the only ABC island to have only 1 restaurant on the list; Bonaire and Curacao have 1 each. There is a large number of establishments on the French islands like St.Barths (one of the most expensive islands in the Caribbean)and the French side of St.Martin on the list. Martinique also had more than 1 entry.

There were quite few entries from the Bahamas.

One place that intrigued me was Roy Yamaguchi's place at the Margaritaville resort on Grand Cayman. My wife and I enjoyed his restaurants in Hawaii many times.

I just thought that it would be better if these comments and observations were made here, instead in the "Aruba" part of the form.

Glenn
    Winnipeg, Canada
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    still with you....the comments for Non Aruba are fine in an "off topic" category.
    I always have found that the Caribbean Journal gives minimal words to Aruba and much to other Caribbean places.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Hi again,

Are you still with me?

First, I don't now if it is my old computer or what, but it took me a very long time to go through CJ's list. Still, it was quite interesting.

Aruba was not the only ABC island to have only 1 restaurant on the list; Bonaire and Curacao have 1 each. There is a large number of establishments on the French islands like St.Barths (one of the most expensive islands in the Caribbean)and the French side of St.Martin on the list. Martinique also had more than 1 entry.

There were quite few entries from the Bahamas.

One place that intrigued me was Roy Yamaguchi's place at the Margaritaville resort on Grand Cayman. My wife and I enjoyed his restaurants in Hawaii many times.

I just thought that it would be better if these comments and observations were made here, instead in the "Aruba" part of the form.

Glenn
    Winnipeg, Canada
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    So Glenn, you had much more patience than me. I get so annoyed with online articles that make you keep clicking “next” that I didn’t read the article. However, from reading past articles in a magazine I can hold, they never seem to give Aruba many accolades.

After our recent trip to Grand Cayman, I can say from experience that we enjoy our meals in Aruba more than GC. I believe a restaurant experience is very subject and to each own’s likings. Food I enjoy may not be to someone else’s liking. The atmosphere than some find unappealing may be just fine for us. Same with service. Different people have different wait staff serving their meal and would therefore have a different experience.