This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Non Aruba Trip

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    They told Stu earlier this year they were taking a wait and see approach about the vaccine.
    Yeah, how's that working out for them?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    What a bummer for you on many levels. I hope all works out in the way that's best for you.
    ​Laura from NH/Divi Village

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Yeah, how's that working out for them?
    He almost ended up on a vent. Super high oxygen needed over the weekend and breathing was so bad he couldn't talk. He's doing better now, but not super good.

I don't get people. Everyone who has had the virus says they wish they had the vaccine. Why don't people get it?
    Last edited by robin; 09-16-2021 at 09:58 AM.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    He almost ended up on a vent. Super high CO2 over the weekend and breathing was so bad he couldn't talk. He's doing better now, but not super good.

I don't get people. Everyone who has had the virus says they wish they had the vaccine. Why don't people get it?
    Everyone thinks it won’t happen to them. It’s really sad as they don’t think about the impact on others. I’m one that supports a vaccine mandate and possibly even insurance companies refusing coverage for the unvaccinated. That said, I know it’s not realistic but they certainly could charge higher premiums for those who are unvaccinated because of the risk factor.

0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Everyone thinks it won’t happen to them. It’s really sad as they don’t think about the impact on others. I’m one that supports a vaccine mandate and possibly even insurance companies refusing coverage for the unvaccinated. That said, I know it’s not realistic but they certainly could charge higher premiums for those who are unvaccinated because of the risk factor.

I would be happy to join you in this crusade!! Talking with a good friend on the island who has the AZV coverage. He said those in the system who do not vaccinate and are transported to Colombia need to be charged for the med vac! Another good idea! Might be time for the good guys to start making 'noise'! Ok, will get off my bandwagon!
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by annf View Post
    I would be happy to join you in this crusade!! Talking with a good friend on the island who has the AZV coverage. He said those in the system who do not vaccinate and are transported to Colombia need to be charged for the med vac! Another good idea! Might be time for the good guys to start making 'noise'! Ok, will get off my bandwagon!

Have to agree with you! It’s so frustrating to try and do the right thing and see others who do not care.!!

0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    it is incredibly selfish!!

I get that there are medical reasons why folks cannot vaccinate.
    I do not get the reasons why so many will not vaccinate.
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    As a kid, I remember the smallpox vaccination (the little circular mark) and the polio shots I had. Most of the anti-vaccers don't remember the days of polio. I had an older cousin who got polio and was in an iron lung for a while. Thinking back on that made my decision to be vaccinated easy.
    0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    my parents both had polio.
    dad was in an iron lung for 6 months.

both my mom and dad ended up with being handicapped.
    both lost the use of their left legs and my dad also had chest and back muscle weakness requiring him to wear a back brace as well as a leg brace.
    both of them used crutches and leg braces.
    my dad died of post polio syndrome.........a horrible existence and eventual death.
    he chest muscles and his diaphragm quit.
    causing him to be on a ventilator and hospitalized from Sept 1997 til June 2001.

no one questions the polio vaccine.
    why are they questioning the covid?

sure, I would not have wanted to be in the test trial, but was vaccinated in mid January, 2nd dose in mid Feb and just got the booster on Tuesday.

I encourage all to get the vaccine.

Quote Originally Posted by bhoffdhoff View Post
    As a kid, I remember the smallpox vaccination (the little circular mark) and the polio shots I had. Most of the anti-vaccers don't remember the days of polio. I had an older cousin who got polio and was in an iron lung for a while. Thinking back on that made my decision to be vaccinated easy.
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Both of them came to their niece's wedding last night as they both were cleared by their doctors almost 2 weeks ago. He carries around an oxygen tank and they had to leave early because he did not have enough to last the evening. SMH

0 0